Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god luckily no body was in its path could had been fatal. And wheelie bin I've got that same problem an idiot neighbours left it out so it's flying around the place. Luckily it got wedged in they're car 1st!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went down to the glass shop early this morning to get replacements and they're doing a roaring trade LOL. At £7 a sheet there are a lot of sour faces in the queue of customers.

ChrisH

There are some small breaks in the pressure, but not sure about cloud cover.

As we all know forecasts change hourly so looking so far ahead, especially next week is almost impossible other than changeable.

Had the builder round today and good news - the smashed tiles were next door's, they were ridge tiles off their garage :)  Bad news for my neighbour is that 4 ridge tiles on their house are almost off as well and I really wouldn't like to be hit by one given their size and weight. With another storm approaching tomorrow they need fixing ASAP.

ChrisH

Well it's been hail-stoning hard again and it was heavy roads white even my husky didn't want to walk in it lol can't believe there's another 2 storms coming in to batter us again. Crazy !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently Sat in Blackpool airport waiting to board our flight to Tenerife and we're informed that due to very strong headwind we'll probably have to refuel at Faro.

Currently scheduled to arrive nearly 2 hours late.

It's gonna be a long flight, but I'll take this one for the team. :D

Just glad our plane is here.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Currently Sat in Blackpool airport waiting to board our flight to Tenerife and we're informed that due to very strong headwind we'll probably have to refuel at Faro.

Currently scheduled to arrive nearly 2 hours late.

It's gonna be a long flight, but I'll take this one for the team. :D

Just glad our plane is here.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Have a nice holiday and think of us.

Im sat reading this with the rain battering our house and the BBC weather website (currently my most frequently visited website) changing its mind every 15 minutes, not for the better....  I am trying to be philosphical ( not well) and look forward to putting into practise all the information I am learning from numerous books and magazines that I have been reading for several weeks..... aaarggg

I lay in bed last night watching the silhouettes of the trees flailing back and forth in the moonlight, wondering what sort of mess I'd wake up to in the morning.

As it happens we seem to have got off fairly lightly.  There are a few fallen branches and bits and pieces blown about the place but that's about it.  Given the ferocity of the wind I'm genuinely surprised.

James

Well our 5' garden fence didn't fall down but it now leans at a jaunty angle - back gate very hard to open.  Problem is the only long lasting solution will be to dig it out and reset it.  A major job for times with less cold, rain and wind.  Just hope it survives until I get a hance to sort it.  But can't complain when seeing what others are suffering.

But looking on the bright side tonight looks clear and I may get my chance to track down M101.   A job for high mag but with luck  :cool:

Keep safe everyone.  There will be better times soon after the snow from the states has been and gone :smiley:

Archived