Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the sun is out well kind of. Let's hope it still gives me that window so I can finally have a go of my new scope :) but am I dreaming!! I'm never that lucky it's snowing in some parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checked and double checked the several weather sites for tonight - looking good.

But I bet something will happen to me - laptop will not fire up, batteries flat on torch, door handle falls of my observatory, or no beer left in the fridge.

Looking fairly clear at the moment and the forecasts seem to think that it's going to be mostly clear here tonight. Figure I'll have an early dinner and get setting up as soon as it starts getting dark. Hopefully I'll get some quality time in tonight because the rest of the week is looking pants.

My partners house is a matter of yards away from the River Severn, yesterday the level was the highest since the 2007 floods, very twitchy times here. I am hoping to find a way to Heathrow tomorrow to fly back home to Crete, wish me luck.

Good luck Charon. Well just as expected on my supposedly clear night clouds and rain! This weather is really getting to me now! If anyone does get to take some images tonight post them on here so they can jog my memory to what they look like :)

Just up from a 3hr afternoon snooze - well I'm officially still recovering from my op!    My son woke me, looked out of the window and said "Dad I can see the moon and Jupiter, really close together!" - I was up quick as a shot and indeed he was right, not bad for almost 7 years old.    Sure with the help of a little Ibuprofen tablet I should be comfortable enough for a few hours outside.    Now to get the kids ready and off to bed as early as possible  :evil:

Currently cloudy here.

I set the mount up and the minute (almost to the nano second) I decided to bring the scope out ..........it started raining..
Not giving up - no sir , not I.
Mount covered with a bin bag , scope in the shed cooling....                I shall see something today if it kills me :evil:

Just up from a 3hr afternoon snooze - well I'm officially still recovering from my op! My son woke me, looked out of the window and said "Dad I can see the moon and Jupiter, really close together!" - I was up quick as a shot and indeed he was right, not bad for almost 7 years old. Sure with the help of a little Ibuprofen tablet I should be comfortable enough for a few hours outside. Now to get the kids ready and off to bed as early as possible :evil:

definitely a little astronomer in the making :) good luck with the skies. Me there's no point I did just actually see the haze of the moon through the clouds gone a second later it's a tough old world

Currently cloudy here.

I set the mount up and the minute (almost to the nano second) I decided to bring the scope out ..........it started raining..

Not giving up - no sir , not I.

Mount covered with a bin bag , scope in the shed cooling.... I shall see something today if it kills me :evil:

well said fella hope you get your views :)

well atleast the weather is changing here

National Weather Warnings
STATUS ORANGE

Snow-ice Warning for Donegal

Cold wintry weather expected.
Some falls of snow possibly early tonight before turning to rain, but likely to persist as snow on ground above 500ft. Rain clearing during the night, with wintry showers of sleet and snow moving into the area overnight. Cold and raw tomorrow with occasional heavy showers of hail, sleet and snow. Accumulations of 3 to 6 cm.

Issued:
Monday 10 February 2014 13:00
Valid:
Monday 10 February 2014 21:00 to Tuesday 11 February 2014 18:00

STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Atlantic and southern coastal counties

Strong to gale force south to southeast winds, veering south to southwest, will gust 90 to 100km/hr at times later this evening and for a time overnight, in Atlantic and southern coastal counties.

Issued:
Monday 10 February 2014 12:00
Valid:
Monday 10 February 2014 22:00 to Tuesday 11 February 2014 03:00

Hi all,

BBC Weather forecast for Hampshire. Tonight: Partly Cloudy. Min 4°C. Wind 11mph WSW. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather

Scope might is saying no hope for the week ! Partly cloudy is probably optimistic :)

After it was all looking so promising yesterday for a clear spell tonight. I wonder which app is the most accurate?

Just keeping fingers crossed for when the new toy arrives later this week :)

Sorry don't know how to paste the screen shots on an iPad.

Dave :)

Archived