SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazingly it is rather clear here. Even more amazingly, unlike the last clear night the bins are not being blown over by the wind. I had the scope out briefly a little while ago and had a quick peek at the moon and Jupiter but it is still a little too windy. I might try again soon as I might not get another chance for a while...

Amazingly it is rather clear here. Even more amazingly, unlike the last clear night the bins are not being blown over by the wind. I had the scope out briefly a little while ago and had a quick peek at the moon and Jupiter but it is still a little too windy. I might try again soon as I might not get another chance for a while...

Grab it with both hands while you can if I was you might be a long while before you can again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grab it with both hands while you can if I was you might be a long while before you can again :)

Bah, 30 mins later and it is cloudy again. Still, I got a few minutes in so I can't really complain :smiley:

Never typical weather then yeh Atleast you got something even though small. The chance would be a fine thing with me hopefully it will clear as scope nights predict tomorrow.

Not going to hold my breath, but looks like a few hours gap tomorrow night with the wind dropping :)

post-26731-0-03127900-1391977571_thumb.p post-26731-0-37016000-1391977565_thumb.p

I'd like to get confirmation from Astropanel, but 7timer or the great firewall of china has been preventing updates again.

Fingers crossed...

The Country File weather forecast says rain and winds all next week.....

Yes but a lot of showers, unfortunately no forecast is very accurate over a period of time like that, the main point being unsettled conditions.

Looking at the forecast and observations on the met office website can you reasonably get some idea for the next few hours.

Last night there was NO wind and the skies were clear. Transparency wasn't the best but hey,it was CLEAR :-) but and there was a but............I WAS WORKING ......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

Clear skies to you all :-)

Sorry but it did make me laugh, I'm sure there will be many times you have the clear skies when the rest of us are unable to get to them. Just a frustrating time, especially for a newbie like me.

Archived