Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

It is rather clear here and not very windy either. My observations are similar to Mr Spocks, lots of detail on Jupiter and a nice crisp moon.

Even better news, apparently "Early indications suggest normal weather patterns for February may return in the third or fourth week of the month"  according to a BBC weather forecaster.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually had a little look at Jupiter and orion didn't last long but it was worth it. It went so clear for about half hour so i used my grab and go I would have not had time with my 250pds I just hope there might be more to come. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we finally got the break in the cloud here in Cumbria. An hour or so to test out my new 10x50 bins, properly Polar align for the first time (well as near as I could get it  :smiley: ), test out the new MD (well my cheapy MD  :laugh: ) and finally to piggy back the EOS 300D with a 300mm lens.

I know I must have had a good time as I'm back indoors with cold feet. Now to see how the images stack and maybe raise some posts with the results as they come in.

Great night for me - and the weather predictions were spot on. :smiley:

I got out at 8.00pm, rain started 8.15pm then stopped by 8.45pm. :clouds2:

This gave me loads of time to switch everything on in my observatory.

Spent along time viewing Jupiter - seeing was very poor but could easly make out GRS :grin:

Decided to have a go at imaging the great planet.

Then decided to do same with a mosaic of the moon.

finished at 00.30am -_-

Had my fix for the week - weather not looking good for the rest of the week and weekend.

Managed about an hour and a half last night, could have easily stayed out longer but alas I'm a postman and I need a minimum of 5 hours sleep (which I think I got last night)
Crisp moon and Jupiter , way too much light pollution from the moon to image any DSO's but I got some good moon photos.

Got my weekly fix , would like more but once a week will have to do for the time being :)

post-34187-0-13919700-1392130901_thumb.j

BBC News, the M2 Motorway has a Sink Hole appeared in the central reservation, needless to say the Motorway is closed in both direction......has been sunny in Norfolk this afternoon, but there was a session of sleet lunch time, should be cloudy after dark...:(

BBC News, the M2 Motorway has a Sink Hole appeared in the central reservation, needless to say the Motorway is closed in both direction

That could have been really nasty if it had happened after dark :(  I found more details here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-26143100

Fortunate that it wasn't any larger.  It's hardly very far from the edge of the tarmac.

James

That could have been really nasty if it had happened after dark :( I found more details here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-26143100

Fortunate that it wasn't any larger. It's hardly very far from the edge of the tarmac.

James

Wow that's a deep hole god crazy though. Luckily it didn't happen on the motorway.

my new 12" dobsonian is sat in my living room calling out for first light.its been there nearly 2 weeks :sad:

Snap fella nightmare ain't it I had a bit of clear sky last night but not enough time to get 250pds out just a grab and go camera and tripod. Our day will come!!

Florida in Kent!!! Just not the weather.  :smiley:

Heavy cloud tonight in Cumbria with very small breaks to tease us with the sky.

Mind you with the wind and how cold it is I don't know if I'd venture out tonight if it all cleared. :bino2:

Archived