NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

When is this weather going to end??

Skooby

I know we've had it all in Wales today rain snow wind more and more clouds tomorrow is suppose to be really strong destructive winds. It's mad! I remember when winters used to be mostly clear skies and cold perfect observing weather what's happened!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we've had it all in Wales today rain snow wind more and more clouds tomorrow is suppose to be really strong destructive winds. It's mad! I remember when winters used to be mostly clear skies and cold perfect observing weather what's happened!?!

I think it's now called climate change, now they have lost the urge to call everything global warming.

When I were a lad  :rolleyes: I remember winters used to be winters, snow for a few weeks and then it would all be gone for a nice summer.

Not 40 days and nights of rain, build and ark, watch your belongings either get blown away or fly off down the river.

Look at this for a 5 day forecast gutted!! I'm seriously wondering if ill ever use my scope :(upajebyj.jpg

I normally consider Scope Nights to be the most optimistic of all the weather apps.........

Looking on the bright side. Behind all of those clouds, there is a bright old moon up there blotting out all DSO's.

Paul

Finally! A little bit of a fix... Had a good old stare at the moon for an hour and a bit.   After all today's rain and once the wind had dropped seeing was really good.  Clouds have just rolled in and spoilt the party.

Well another night of wind and rain, and today promises more of the same.

I have now decided to stripped down my scopes for their bi-annual clean and service, plus i`ll add a couple of mods. This way its bound to start clearly up.

I think it's now called climate change, now they have lost the urge to call everything global warming.

When I were a lad :rolleyes: I remember winters used to be winters, snow for a few weeks and then it would all be gone for a nice summer.

Not 40 days and nights of rain, build and ark, watch your belongings either get blown away or fly off down the river.

exactly how I would have said it I am in the process of building an ark :)

I normally consider Scope Nights to be the most optimistic of all the weather apps.........

Looking on the bright side. Behind all of those clouds, there is a bright old moon up there blotting out all DSO's.

Paul

the other night I did manage a half hour slot and like you said the moon pretty much put an end to most viewing as it was mega bright.

I used to look forward to working night shifts. It gave me some quality time with the stars.

Not any more though :(

My job is rain sensitive too, so my shift tonight will be busy but perhaps between the gale driven showers I'll get blinded by moonlight!

Marvelous...

the 100mph winds have come along the day after I have finally finished my mobile roll off shed obsy, well if theres one way to test it before i risk putting the scope in then this is it :)

Predicted to peak at 9pm tonight for West Lancashire for anyone thinking of battening down the hatches on their pride and joys....

Keith

The phone just rang with an automated message from the Environment Agency giving a Red Alert for high winds. Luckily they aren't big tides today.

Just been looking at some of the damage to the sea wall by the weeks of storms. I think it's aged 30 years! :(

Still no holes in it at present.

"Police are looking into it"? :p

But one begins to feel nervous about the (whole?) sinkhole thing... :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinkhole

Looks like it's the turn of N.Wales today? We escaped lightly thus far.

Will be out hanging on to my observatory roof this p.m. I suspect??? :(

haha nice one lol it's blowing a Gail here. Just drove home from work and trees are down across the road had to squeeze through a little gap and part of the tree up against side of my car

Met office has just issued a red alert for the area I live in and the surrounding nw,it's very rare they issue it they say. It's for mid afternoon and onwards.........80mph + touching 100mph. Batten down your scopes,if your in this zone :(

Clear skies to you all :-)

crazy ain't it we just had alert to 105mph winds dangerous it's was blowing my works van everywhere in work.

[removed word]. Half a tree just came down barely missing my shed...

ChrisH

really so it's stands to see another day then. It's the same here strong and it's hail stoning. Weather is mad!

Archived