SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter, Io & Callisto, midnight 12th Jan from London

jimness

Hi all, been pretty quiet lately due to shoddy weather!  Finally spotted about 5 nanoseconds of reasonable seeing here on Saturday night, so managed to get a bit of a Jupiter family portrait before the atmosphere boiled over again.  Sadly couldn't stay awake long enough to wait for the GRS to appear (next time) - but happy to get what looks like some sort of detail on Callisto (or is it just exposure anomaly...ho hum)

Celestron 9.25" SCT on EQ6, DMK 21 camera with RGB filters.  Separate exposures per object to get the best image I could for each.

post-4008-0-35706300-1389613473_thumb.jp

Cheers

Jim

Thanks all!  I'd really like to get the holy grail of all 4 moons and the GRS all together one day...no doubt that will happen at the same time as Hurricane Boris* arrives to blow my observatory to bits.

* not real but figure what better thing to name these things after than political windbags?

Archived