Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Great. Now my eyepiece case is not big enough..

emadmoussa

Yeah, the typical story.

The eyepiece box I made for the eyepieces doesn't have enough room now for eyepieces and accessories and thinking about about going back to foam flight case. The problem is the standard Maplin version won't accommodate all the big eyepieces...arrgh!!! And still have a large eyepiece on the way... Pelican and likes are out of the question...Probably time to build another box?! Humm..worth considering even though I'm more inclined to get a bigger flight case and just get the foam.

How big is your eyepiece case?

Regards!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£24-99 Maplin case:

internal dimensions - 440mm width x 315mm height x 120mm depth

Perfectly big enough for my 2" eyepiece in a box (fitted upright rather than horizontal)

Are any of your eyepieces longer than 120mm?

I have two of them (first one bought when they were about £40)

Yesterday I noticed Lidl has the aluminium "Coin Collection Cases" back in stock. I thought about one of these last year but didn't need it at the time. Sorry, I didn't notice the current price, but I seem to recall they were about £12.oo  ?

Might be worth checking out if there is a Lidl shop near you.

I have one main case, with my main most used ep`s in it, i have a very small wooden box with some Tal plossl`s in that i dont use much, and i have a large  box with astro bits in, including a couple of 2" ep`s

I use 3 cases and a cabinet, I need a forth but I have no system what so ever, I have just cut a hole as I got an eyepiece, I wish I could get the inside liners and I would start again.

Emad,  I use Geoptik's they are nice like Pele, I have two of them with camera stuff in so I can compare, but about half the price. Teleskop sevices do them but I am sure somewhere in the UK will stock them. Maplins look good enough but these are that bit better. Don't forget Delos eyepieces and the like expect a different class of case.

Alan

With the recent weather Imad none of them :smiley: 

As a rule my 17.3mm is the set up piece and is first choice,the rest are used as the seeing permits

Smaller clusters: 17.3mm, double stars and the Sun

Wide field clusters/ nebulae:  T31mm

Planets: 8 -14mm

Moon: 3-6mm zoom (6mm Delos. I have not had first light)

LOL...

I've got 10 large EPs and accessories...so I thought it'd be ideal to have everything packed away in one place. :)

It's just that 680x300 is much bigger than my present 440x300 :smiley: , I'd think it's even bigger than the case for 80ED.

It's just that 680x300 is much bigger than my present 440x300 :smiley: , I'd think it's even bigger than the case for 80ED.

To be honest, I don't have an actual visualization of the size. If it's the same size as the 80ED case, then it'll be perfect.

Yeah, the typical story.

The eyepiece box I made for the eyepieces doesn't have enough room now for eyepieces and accessories and thinking about about going back to foam flight case. The problem is the standard Maplin version won't accommodate all the big eyepieces...arrgh!!! And still have a large eyepiece on the way... Pelican and likes are out of the question...Probably time to build another box?! Humm..worth considering even though I'm more inclined to get a bigger flight case and just get the foam.

How big is your eyepiece case?

Regards!!

I'll take the televues off you I don't like  the thought of you having to live with all that clutter. I will not even charge you very much  for all the work involved in fitting them into my case.

Archived