NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Great. Now my eyepiece case is not big enough..

emadmoussa

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest the foam is a bit iffy in this case. But all in all it's good.

I now have  Baader Scopos 35mm,  Hyperion 5mm, Baader Zoom MKIII, SW Panorama 15mm, SW SWA 3.5mm, ES 24mm, Delos 6mm, GSO 28mm...still to come ES 14mm 100-deg and Delos 10mm.

I'm under the impression that a perfectly neat case is that one that contains similar make eyepieces...

Exactly my thoughts, I'm thinking a case for the Deloses, the LVs, some TV plossl, some of those Astro Hutech orthos... wait, this is all getting too expensive, back to the drawing board :rolleyes:.

Is it overly pedantic of me to not be able to bring myself to keep my Ethos set in a case, but rather leave them in their boxes (which is far from practical, I know!)?

I am glad to see that someone else admitted to being (correct word would be removed by "family friendly", so you just have to guess "grown up" version  :grin: ).

I also keep my eyepieces in the boxes and hesitated before asking what others do ... but I can see that most people store the boxes separately so that they look pristine when the time comes to sell the eyepiece?

I think with my current collection I'm more or less set. I might go for another eyepiece is few months...I've got a gap between 15mm and 24mm (frankly - I'm not bothered about this focal length range). I'll see how the ES 14mm performs then perhaps I'll be more tempted to invest in another ES, mostly likely the 9mm.

I had to sell my Hyperion 8mm since the zoom had the same focal length - didn't see much difference between the two  :)

I haven't even got an eyepiece case...it didn't come with the scope.

Being born in the sixties and brought up on a rich diet of Blue Peter, I was preparing to make one out of a shoebox, foam and sticky-back plastic, especially since I have a set of BST starguiders heading my way.

Since i'm a bit of a magpie, I'll make sure that my box leaves room for expansion. I can feel the creative juices flowing already. I'll let my daughter put stars all over the garish externals.

Archived