Hello from Suffolk, UK

tommc

Just a quick intro. My wife and myself have been long time interested in astronomy, and go out a few times a year to some of the darker areas in Suffolk if there are unusual events, or good viewing conditions (frustratingly infrequent to be honest)

I have a very high quality spotting scope, and we are intending taking the plunge soon for a useable astronomical scope, so hope this forum is the place to pick up the sort of info we need.

Hope to be able to post more as we near a decision, happy Xmas all.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to you both :)

Before you make a final decision run it by this forum as you will get an honest opinion on your choice because someone here will have owned or owns the scope.

Good luck with taking the plunge and see you around.

Lee

Hi and a warm welcome to both of you,

if you need help choosing your scope, just post your question 

in the relevant forum, give your estimated budget, and what you

intend to observe, you will get lot's of replies.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi and welcome to the forum. You have come to right place if you and your better half want to develop your astronomical interests as there is a lot of experience here for you to tap into.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi

Jiust registered today and am totally new to astronomy.  I am about to purchase celestron nexstar 8 with lens kit - I have been told two things I would like to check out with you

1.  Is the lens kit necessary?

2. As it has amoon filter in it why am I advised to get an extra moon filter for the scope itself

Any help for a total newbie from you experienced guys would be appreciated

John

Hi Tommc, and a welcome from another newbie on the Suffolk/Essex borders.

I'm also looking to use some dark skies to see if I can improve the views. I live in Sudbury which isn't too bad compared with London, where I used to live, but some dark sky sites would be good.

I've just taken the plunge with a Celstron EdgeHD 8 inch on an AVX mount - so far so good.

Archived