Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Pleiades Finally!

Leveye

Have been looking forward to imaging this one for the longest time! The fall weather recently sunk my Comet ISON ambitions over the last week but then the skies cleared last evening and an indian summer night rolled in with perfect seeing yes!
22-300 second light exposures at ISO 800, 15 dark frames and 25 bias frames. Levels and curves in PS 5 and some final tweeking in Lightroom. Let me know what you think of the processing. Look up!

post-28595-0-15550100-1385326138_thumb.j

nice i reckon if you done a selective saturation  boost you could tease out some finer detail

Many thanks! Yes i agree the full size shot has more color than this astrowork is so touchy in LR and such programs!

The depth is excellent with the difficult outlying dust seen well. What seems to be happening is that the bright signal, including the stars, has burned out the colour. This can arise from the smaller well depth of the DSLR but I dare say that post processing could restore colour in the bright regions.

Olly

Archived