Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mapstar said:

Hopefully the weekend will be clear Ryan as it's the WKSP at Soupys place.

Wonder if Soupy met Derek?

Ah yes sorry. I didn't want to jinx the bad weather. Im sure you'll get some good viewing in up there.

On 08/03/2016 at 10:16, Soupy said:

You could always use my back garden Nick ;)

you should be careful saying things like that - as you'll come home and just find me parked on your drive with my scope in the garden at completely random times!

Difficult to find a decent location locally as the amount of light pollution is steadily getting worse. 

On a different note It's a shame to see Rich selling his eyepieces in the for sale section. 

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 17:32, Ryan P said:

Ah yes sorry. I didn't want to jinx the bad weather. Im sure you'll get some good viewing in up there.

Hi, no Soupy could not make it. Snow got in the way I'm afraid. I was hoping to see him this weekend but I will not now be able to make it.

Missed a few great nights up at Kielder. Wednesday night was good from about 2200 hrs onwards. Then Saturday was really good with the Aurora visible for several hours. I could not see the colours as my eyesight isn't so good but my wife and several others could see the greens and some saw the reds. Pictures taken by Rob Ince were very nice. Stewart also got some nice shots. Mike got some stunning shots from Kelso. There were quite a few people from the North East around the area also got some very nice shots. In all a very good collection of pictures of the Aurora.

Derek

2 hours ago, mapstar said:

On a different note It's a shame to see Rich selling his eyepieces in the for sale section. 

either he's finished and is splashing out on a full set of TVs - or hes given up. I thought his mirror was being done by John?

10 hours ago, nicks90 said:

either he's finished and is splashing out on a full set of TVs - or hes given up. I thought his mirror was being done by John?

I think he has other plans for now and will return to astronomy at a later date. 

A shame as Rich really knew the skies and was a font of Messier knowledge.

A new adventure for him with a house purchase and glad that things are settled and looking good for both of them. 

8 hours ago, mapstar said:

Good committee meeting tonight with a few things thrashed out.

More exciting things to come and with support from the members we can achieve lots.

Many thanks to those that attended 

Yes, I feel it was a productive meeting with some plans in place along with ideas to hopefully keep WADAS moving forwards an upwards. Of course, we can't do anything without the help and support of all our members. Thank you to all committee members who attended the meeting - you've sure given me plenty to write up over the weekend :) 

5 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Sorry I could not attend but as I am not aloud to drive due to my opp. Im sure I will able to help and support the group with all the ideas to help it grow 

Hope you are not in to much pain following your surgery. I'll be getting an e-mail out over the weekend to all committee members with the minutes from the meeting. Lot of ideas and plans to put in place :)

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

Sorry I could not attend but as I am not aloud to drive due to my opp. Im sure I will able to help and support the group with all the ideas to help it grow 

Hopefully you'll recover quickly Mark 

On 3/8/2016 at 15:24, mapstar said:

Hopefully the weekend will be clear Ryan as it's the WKSP at Soupys place.

Wonder if Soupy met Derek?

Forecast looking glum for Keilder, Cloudy & Foggy !!!!

29 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Forecast looking glum for Keilder, Cloudy & Foggy !!!!

19 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Has Soupy been in touch Eric 

Phoned soupy this morning looks like we might be going tomorrow 

if the weather plays ball ,All well another fruitless weekend

2 minutes ago, gtis said:

Phoned soupy this morning looks like we might be going tomorrow 

if the weather plays ball ,All well another fruitless weekend

Neil, what time you planning on setting off Saturday

Eric 

2 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Neil, what time you planning on setting off Saturday

Eric