Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me tipsy? Noooooo, never lol. Had a really good night. Thank you guys for making my birthday special. Don't know what Sue, Adele or Charlotte made of our random banter lol. Heads in boxes as wedding gifts? Charlotte having triplets??? Double Deckers in strange places. Haha brilliant night. Hopefully see some of you tomorrow evening if the weather is kind :)

And no spillage from Gain....... How odd...... ;)

My special birthday sippy cup wanted to make an appearance lol

IMG_20160305_221018.jpg

Just now, Sam Baker said:

Happy Birthday Vicky! Hope you had a wonderful meal and fingers crossed you get plenty of clear skies to use your new filter! 

Thanks Sam. Good to hear from you. Had a really good night. Fingers crossed for some clear skies soon. Think we are all ready for it! :)

Just checking the forecast for our family observing night this evening. Metcheck has it 14% cloud after 6pm and then 7% cloud after 9pm which isn't too bad.

Can people look on other websites such as Clear Outside to see what they have forecast forOverton/Middletown area please.

I'm still going to head there for around 6.30pm, to get set up in the hope for reasonable skies.

Woozy, Jim, Adam, Eric and Mark have confirmed that they will be there. Soupy will join us when he's back from Kielder. It'll be good to have as many members present as possible.

Would anyone else planning to attend please let me know so I have an idea of numbers. Thank you :)

46 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Just checking the forecast for our family observing night this evening. Metcheck has it 14% cloud after 6pm and then 7% cloud after 9pm which isn't too bad.

Can people look on other websites such as Clear Outside to see what they have forecast forOverton/Middletown area please.

I'm still going to head there for around 6.30pm, to get set up in the hope for reasonable skies.

Woozy, Jim, Adam, Eric and Mark have confirmed that they will be there. Soupy will join us when he's back from Kielder. It'll be good to have as many members present as possible.

Would anyone else planning to attend please let me know so I have an idea of numbers. Thank you :)

I will be there about 6-30 also Vicky

Eric

52 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Just checked met weather for Wakefield Netherton area, partly cloudy, clearing later, -2 feel like -0

BBC is saying light cloud moving to clearer later on im still gunna join you up there just on the off chance and might hang about to see what happens for a little bit, if it stays cloudy for about 8 then ill call it a day and go home i think

48 minutes ago, woozydewsy said:

So I know what to write and update on the event on FB and send out on Twitter, are we aiming for go or no-go?

I say go. There are a few of us heading up there regardless of the weather. Looks like it is clearing over Horbury. We might as well see how it goes. Hopefully it'll clear enough for us to get a bit of viewing in and we might even get a couple of visitors if it turns out clear. Fingers crossed :)

Archived