NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a busy couple of weeks (months I suppose) getting my set-up complete. Spent some time with Gain today getting all the screws and bolts to allow it to be mounted and fully loaded up ready for action! Been busy this evening getting everything out and organised and making sure it all sits together properly. Thank you Gain for all your help and guidance of the last few months. Ursula is just about ready to get out there and get cracking. Just been looking at my gear and thinking "Is this really mine? ". I'm one very lucky girl :)

image.jpg

8 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Had a busy couple of weeks (months I suppose) getting my set-up complete. Spent some time with Gain today getting all the screws and bolts to allow it to be mounted and fully loaded up ready for action! Been busy this evening getting everything out and organised and making sure it all sits together properly. Thank you Gain for all your help and guidance of the last few months. Ursula is just about ready to get out there and get cracking. Just been looking at my gear and thinking "Is this really mine? ". I'm one very lucky girl :)

image.jpg

OK so you've got all the gear, it's now time to show us you have the Idea:help: 

12 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

image.jpg

Looks pretty impressive Vicky, credit to you

ps I can just about see the OTA lol

Risky, I have a guy selling a never used boxed Meade 3.3 FR, ( they were discontinued a while back ) I was ok until i read that the near to last batch of these were in fact labelled and boxed as 3.3 but were by mistake actually 6.3 (Meade factory error), so dilemma is looming !!!!!, I have the Celestron 6.3 so dont want another, i could ask this chap to take it out the box and if he has a SCT to test it for me, as he may genuinely not know himself if its one of the 'faulty bunch', any suggestions appreciated.

Eric

ps: The guy lives in Belgium and I have checked his Astromart rating which is good. Wants payment in euros which in GBP with postage works out around £109, at todays rate. 

3 hours ago, mapstar said:

OK so you've got all the gear, it's now time to show us you have the Idea:help: 

Erm actually, I have the gear and absolutely NO idea he he. Finally treated myself to a new phone today. Just setting it up now and finding out how to use it. I have dragged myself into the 21st century! Go me! LOL

20 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Erm actually, I have the gear and absolutely NO idea he he. Finally treated myself to a new phone today. Just setting it up now and finding out how to use it. I have dragged myself into the 21st century! Go me! LOL

Well done. I'm not sure two cans joined with string is 21st century though.?⏹------------------⏹?? hello is anyone their 

3 hours ago, 2STAR said:

Risky, I have a guy selling a never used boxed Meade 3.3 FR, ( they were discontinued a while back ) I was ok until i read that the near to last batch of these were in fact labelled and boxed as 3.3 but were by mistake actually 6.3 (Meade factory error), so dilemma is looming !!!!!, I have the Celestron 6.3 so dont want another, i could ask this chap to take it out the box and if he has a SCT to test it for me, as he may genuinely not know himself if its one of the 'faulty bunch', any suggestions appreciated.

Eric

ps: The guy lives in Belgium and I have checked his Astromart rating which is good. Wants payment in euros which in GBP with postage works out around £109, at todays rate. 

That's a little pricey Eric! I'd wait for a better deal and the f6.3 will get you going for now. There is no guarantee the f3.3 will be of good enough quality for your needs. I'll try to source one for you to try out.

2 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

You do actually have more idea than most Vicky...

I will make sure you achieve your imaging goals but be prepared to put in the time in the beginning!

Have a look on line, possibly even here on SGL. There was a discussion bout the 3.3 being very poor. Some thing that was the cause of it being discontinued!

Sorry I cannot remember the details of but it was not good.

Derek

14 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

image.jpg

We've had alot of joy (and Mcds coffee) on this part of your AP journey. The best is yet to come.

Nice setup Vicky, be a proud owner!

1 hour ago, cosmicbug said:

You do actually have more idea than most Vicky...

I will make sure you achieve your imaging goals but be prepared to put in the time in the beginning!

I'm ready to put in as much time as the skies allow. Looking forward to the rollercoaster ride! :)

2 hours ago, Physopto said:

Have a look on line, possibly even here on SGL. There was a discussion bout the 3.3 being very poor. Some thing that was the cause of it being discontinued!

Sorry I cannot remember the details of but it was not good.

Derek

I believe the Meade 3.3 FR was made originally for small CCD cameras that's why it was discontinued, ,but apparently works fine with the SCT for video near real time viewing.  they are still produced by other companies but quite expensive.

A guy called astrojedi (SGL video astronomy) says they are ok for EAA as he uses one, his knowledge and work is exceptional in this area. Fingers crossed i suppose.

2 hours ago, cosmicbug said:

That's a little pricey Eric! I'd wait for a better deal and the f6.3 will get you going for now. There is no guarantee the f3.3 will be of good enough quality for your needs. I'll try to source one for you to try out.

I will do that yes Gain

From Gain's Astro Emporium...loL

There you go Eric, I do believe this is what you've been looking for.

I have one here you can try out for purpose.

just collect it when you come for the camera!

image.thumb.jpeg.9d2bddc19ce3dfb20cdc127

I'm sure he's invented the star trek replicator! 

From Gain's Astro Emporium...loL

There you go Eric, I do believe this is what you've been looking for.

I have one here you can try out for purpose.

just collect it when you come for the camera!

image.thumb.jpeg.9d2bddc19ce3dfb20cdc127

Gain, i dont know how you do it, but its incredible lol

Archived