NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Chris, John, Matt, Neil and Lee for a good night. Hope you all enjoyed the Morpheus eye pieces. Managed to find that little pesky comet at last. just  the usual targets last night as I did some emerging due to my eye pieces going on a tour of scopes. Need to stack and process so could be a day or two. Hope you all got home ok see you Thursday

Has anyone who is coming up got a spare normal camera tripod i can borrow to fit as shown in image. Cant find mine and fancy star trial photos.

I have a trippd you can borrow its not amazing byt its here if you still need it buddy

It was a good observing session. I liked the Morpheus eyepieces mark, deffinatley might consider getting some of them in the future. Just glad we got out considering the forecast is for cloud for the weekend by the looks of it.

Glad you lot got some observing done sounds like a very good meet up. Look forward to seeing those images Mark.

Here are two of my wide field from last night need to get home and process to bring some more Milkyway detail out but was a very clear, if very cold, night!

post-22085-0-97127600-1452941943_thumb.j

post-22085-0-59130600-1452942015_thumb.j

Yeah, great night last night, cheers guys. Got the comet and a couple of new targets (M41 and I think NGC 2362 and possibly the beehive) that I can't see at home as they are too low.

Thanks to Mark for the loan of the Morpheus, what a lovely eyepiece and it think it's confirmed my future collection. 

Great images Soupy! Some processing will really make the Milky Way pop!

Hope we get some clear skies in March - really looking forward to it.

Glad some of you got out last night and had a good evening - hope you get some good images Mark.

I popped out back just after midnight, but it was pretty cloudy here so decided to head to bed as I have got another busy day today.

Hoping to have a look at some of my images from Thursday night tomorrow to see if I can bring out any more detail :)

Just cropped both my Comet Catalina and my M42 The Orion Nebula images from Thursday night.

Not got cracking with any proper processing yet, but I'm happy with these as they are :)

Going to try to do some work on Orion widefield and M45 The Pleiades tomorrow as I'm off to the in-laws shortly.

post-39306-0-94401900-1452956369_thumb.j

post-39306-0-93109700-1452956391_thumb.j

Well done Vicky. I hate the processing too why can they not look just as good as they do when you take the photo

I don't think I have enough data in mine to get any real detail out but on the camera they looked really good

20 stacked 30 sec iso 800 with the pds no darks rather like it my self

attachicon.giforion 2016 2.jpgattachicon.giforion 2016 2.jpg

10 30 sec iso 400 no darks on the pds need slots more dater but its not too

will try again some time

Superb Mark, looks like a real flame, ??????? I' m in the process of studying astrophotography at the moment but not likely to actually get started for around 12 month myself until I understand a lot more .

Just cropped both my Comet Catalina and my M42 The Orion Nebula images from Thursday night.

Not got cracking with any proper processing yet, but I'm happy with these as they are :)

Going to try to do some work on Orion widefield and M45 The Pleiades tomorrow as I'm off to the in-laws shortly.

attachicon.gifCatalina 14.01.2016.jpg

attachicon.gifM42 The Orion Nebula 14.01.2016.jpg

Looks smashing Vicky as it is, your obvious achievements in learning astrophotography are beginning to show with credit, Paul & Gain had better watch out lol, you will be breathing down their necks shortly lol.

Eric

Archived