Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id always take a blanket, chocolate, flask of coffee and make sure your car has plenty of fuel, so if you did get stuck then at least you can keep warm, even a shovel if theres lots of snow forecast.  The bbc has heavy snow forecast for there at 4pm, hopefully it wont last too long but it might do

I never realised it got so bad up there.

its like a totally different climate up there in winter, usually around 2-3 degrees colder id say then at our level around here. wrap up warm, it will be around -3 tonight and will feel colder in the wind, so lots of layers needed

Its hard work keeping up with the forum now there not using taptalk.

Trying to use the mobile version is useless and the full version is just as bad and top small on my phone

agreed, im on my pc at work. I was thinking of going up there for around 8:30 perhaps, something like that, depends on what im doing at home. need to get my scope out when i get home for it to cool down. last forecast i check was there  was cloud upthere till 8, but it cant always be believed. So I might see you up there tonight Mark.

I never realised it got so bad up there.

If Barnsley gets an inch of snow then I can guarantee there will be at least 4" that way out and probably double. I would venture up myself but it's work again for me tonight. 

The snow forecast has gone now, according to clear outside. I was going to aim for about 9 (depends how long it takes me to get there)

yea, i never saw it om there, the snow was on the bbc when i looked an hour ago or so, the bbc forecast is showing heavy snow for now

I've had a very busy afternoon at work keeping an eye on NASA TV.

Had to chuckle that the replacement they have installed has been up there for 17 years as a spare and they had nicknamed it 'dusty' cos it had been there so long.

Yea i noticed that, i chuckled at that too, just listening to it on my headphone with the video on a corner of my my screen

Do you not get notifications to your email? I follow posts by that, then come onto the forum when I need to reply.

I turned off my email alerts for that reason Matt.

With taptalk when you refreshed it told you how meany posts there were unread and started you off on the first new post

Great image Vicky. Not to sure about the conditions at Winscar but could see Holm mast earlier and there was some snow visible. Good luck if you venture out

We dont need luck lol. Mark, make sure you leave the clouds at home please. Looks like its going to go down to about -4/5 for you tonight soupy, but clear skies so should be a good one

Iv just looked at both the BBC and clear out side and there not showing snow just frost.

yea its gone now, i was at 3 and 4pm, its just a dusting i think, maybe a centimetre or so perhaps.

Just go easy on teh roads up there, watch out for ice

We dont need luck lol. Mark, make sure you leave the clouds at home please. Looks like its going to go down to about -4/5 for you tonight soupy, but clear skies so should be a good one

You cheeky so and so. I'll have you know and Vicky can vouch for this. Iv been up there when it's been thick fog everywhere else and had a lovely clear sky's

You cheeky so and so. I'll have you know and Vicky can vouch for this. Iv been up there when it's been thick fog everywhere else and had a lovely clear sky's

Hehe

I might be using my scope either just in manual tonight and doing some nice  star hoping for once, or using it via a tablet as my phone has had to go back for repair.  See you tonight

Archived