Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stonemonkeylives

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Lovely shot G once again your leading the way with your fab shots

Thanks Mark...

Leading the march to the dark side lol.

• Like 1

Lovely work G... Great detail!

Thanks Soupy, hope you're good and looking forward to our catchup in the usual place!

• Like 1

Yeah great effort G and an interesting shot.

Thanks D.

A good coincidence with M51 and a tail passing through Alkaid

Not bad. Stick with me kid and you'll get there.....,,.. ;)

M51 The Whirlpool Galaxy looks awesome!

Trying my best V...just need a few more tips from you then the Rebel Alliance will be destroyed once and for all! The dark side will conquer

• Like 2

Are we just going to use initials from now on so if I say have a good day ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ I'm sure I won't have missed any one lol

• Like 4

Are we just going to use initials from now on so if I say have a good day ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ I'm sure I won't have missed any one lol

I'm good with that M :-)

• Like 2

Just watching stargazing live from Friday seems to me everything can kill you. I'd stop in side and call the AA

• Like 1

Just watching stargazing live from Friday seems to me everything can kill you. I'd stop in side and call the AA

Nice one M

N

• Like 1

Was there a 2nd after show for stargazing live on Friday? There was for Tuesday but none on Weds or Thurs.

No I don't think there was Matt Iv only recorded 1 show if there was another Iv missed it

Hmmm, if we're just using initials will I be V or U???

Had a go at processing my Comet Catalina image - it's so difficult, but I think I've got a bit more of the ion tail out :)

Processing is definitely going to take some getting my head around.

post-39306-0-39315300-1453045365_thumb.j

• Like 3

It's not easy V I was at it for ages yesterday started about 2 and packed it in when I posted the results here last night

Edited by Mark62
  • Like 1

Had a quick look at my image of M42, but without the ability to stack it doesn't give me much to play with.

At least I've got the data to re-visit at a later date :)

post-39306-0-58700600-1453049331_thumb.j

• Like 3

Just watching that myself cheers for the reminder M

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1

Been modding my power tank with better sockets this aft. Also nice to see Ryan too for a few more bits

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1

@ V or U you can stack in PS Elements using layers, you have to do it more or less manually but it can be done

• Like 1

Just watching that myself cheers for the reminder M

You welcome D glad to be of assistance

The space walk was good to watch if a bit fraught at the closing stages.

Just watching Kevin Fong again on iplayer about the effects of altitude on the human body. All good stuff

• Like 2

Was there a 2nd after show for stargazing live on Friday? There was for Tuesday but none on Weds or Thurs.

no, it was just after the Tuesday show, the other days there was just the one day

The space walk was good to watch if a bit fraught at the closing stages.

Just watching Kevin Fong again on iplayer about the effects of altitude on the human body. All good stuff

Will they retire that suit now? its the second time at least that its had a leak, rumour has it that they new of a leak before lucas ilfated space walk the other year. dont think id want to go for a space walk in it.

@ V or U you can stack in PS Elements using layers, you have to do it more or less manually but it can be done

Thanks Leigh - I read about that on-line and tried to have a go this afternoon. I got confused with the "place" command and changing the transparency etc. Got in a bit of a mess as I don't fully understand what I'm doing with linkingand merging layers etc. It'll come in time. Lots to research on-line and I need to watch some tutorials. However, it could mean that I can "stack" some of my images prior to getting a new laptop. Thank you :)

Will they retire that suit now? its the second time at least that its had a leak, rumour has it that they new of a leak before lucas ilfated space walk the other year. dont think id want to go for a space walk in it.

I've just binge-watched Stargazing Live, but was disappointed that they only did one Back to Earth programme, as I find that the most interesting part.

Me and Terry commented about how "dodgy" the space suits are, to say they cost about £50M each lol

At least they got back inside the ISS safely :)

• Like 1