Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S36 4tg is the post code for Dunfordbridge. If you look on google maps you need the right hand turn after the village which is Dunford road signposted Huddersfield and there's a sing to the car park on the left in about 300 yards or so. We will be at the far end of the car park

You cheeky so and so. I'll have you know and Vicky can vouch for this. Iv been up there when it's been thick fog everywhere else and had a lovely clear sky's

Haha, yes indeed, we had a cracking sky when we went up in that fog on 01.11.15 - I managed a semi-decent M31 using just 6 subs - in fact, it's the only M31 I have ever done! :)

Here's a couple more "straight out the camera" images from last night.

M45 The Pleiades - 300mm lens, 151.2 seconds at ISO 1600

Orion Constellation - 55mm lens, 241 seconds at ISO 800

post-39306-0-23988900-1452879533_thumb.j

post-39306-0-95460100-1452879603_thumb.j

post-39306-0-55876900-1452879685_thumb.j

Are you not playing out with your home group Vicky? I don't think you love us any more

Of course I still love you - WADAS will always be my boys lol ;)

Unfortunately, I can't get out tonight as I have prior family commitments. Should be another cracking night, and you'll get a good chance of capturing comet Catalina once it gets a bit higher in the sky, and when the moon has set after midnight.

Don't think I'll get out anywhere tonight - however, if I'm around after midnight I might chuck the Star Adventurer in the back yard and have another go at Catalina, as tonight will be our last chance before the moon gets too bright, and then it will be gone forever!

Have fun at Winscar and take it steady driving everyone - it could get very icy on the roads out there :)

Of course I still love you - WADAS will always be my boys lol ;)

Unfortunately, I can't get out tonight as I have prior family commitments. Should be another cracking night, and you'll get a good chance of capturing comet Catalina once it gets a bit higher in the sky, and when the moon has set after midnight.

Don't think I'll get out anywhere tonight - however, if I'm around after midnight I might chuck the Star Adventurer in the back yard and have another go at Catalina, as tonight will be our last chance before the moon gets too bright, and then it will be gone forever!

Have fun at Winscar and take it steady driving everyone - it could get very icy on the roads out there :)

In other words, no, I was out all night with another astronomy society and ill just stop at home with my john smiths thank you very much. Hehe only messing vicky :)

In other words, no, I was out all night with another astronomy society and ill just stop at home with my john smiths thank you very much. Hehe only messing vicky :)

Hmm, it seems I have been rumbled..... LOL

Yes, there will be a couple of cans of John Smiths involved, but I am busy with family things this evening ;)

Have fun, and stay safe out there.

Yep that what it is Chris lol I'm setting off about 7:30 will be there about 8:15

You lot have been busy again... Nearly half way to 11,000!

Thick snow in the forest had to take it very easy. Kids all in bed but it's like a freezer up here. Fires going hoping it'll warm up soon but going outside see if i can warm up as it feels warmer outside ATM.

great images from last night Vicky with nebulousity clearly visible in your Pleiades.

Clear skies for Winscar!

Archived