Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all about location Adam... ;) and you can't get much better than Kielder. Everything else is focus, high ISO, long exposure, steady tripod and an intervalvometer. Oh and don't forget patience ;)

Hi Soupy,

If I remember correctly it is March 2nd to 6th inclusive. Be great to see you there, more the merrier. I try to get to them all. Last one was OK but very few long clear spells. Not long enough for me anyway using CCD. Fine for visual though and using a DSLR. As you know when it's dark it is very very dark. We are due a good spell by averages. 2016 has to be a good year, I am willing it on.

Derek

It's all about location Adam... ;) and you can't get much better than Kielder. Everything else is focus, high ISO, long exposure, steady tripod and an intervalvometer. Oh and don't forget patience ;)

Patience i have a bit of set up the problem i have is no dark areas around here and my goto is proving harder than first thought.....also what are these star parties?

Patience i have a bit of set up the problem i have is no dark areas around here and my goto is proving harder than first thought.....also what are these star parties?

Hi Adam, what goto scope do you have? What issues are you having with it?

A gathering of like minded people at an arranged dark/Camp site to share in the beauty of the heavens over several night's

A cloudless sky is desirable although there may be refreshments whilst this is not present to keep the morale up!

A gathering of like minded people at an arranged dark/Camp site to share in the beauty of the heavens over several night's

A cloudless sky is desirable although there may be refreshments whilst this is not present to keep the morale up!

Archived