Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Before I get all slushy and sentimental, I would like to wish all my astro-buddies a happy and healthy 2016, and may clear skies be plentiful!

I've made some good friends this year and I'm looking forward to making more in the coming year.

Here's to you all - you're not a bad bunch! ;)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you mark, once packed my scope and taking it with me, although I'm near wakefield tonight so I hope the sky isn't too light polluted

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Wakefield/Ossett Ok at moment im just going out

By the way happy new year guys and girls hope the new year brings you everything you want and cant wait to meet you all on the 7th :-)

And all the best to you Adam. Looking forward to meeting you on 7th, unless the cloud gods are kind and grant us a viewing session tomorrow night :)

Just checked the forecast, you lot look like the skies are clear as a bell!

I have torrential rain and snow warnings, but it is supposed to clear after midnight! ;)

It was clear earlier, but the clouds are moving in and I've just been out to the recycling bin and it is raining lightly over Horbury now.

Going to crack open the booze :)

Before I get all slushy and sentimental, I would like to wish all my astro-buddies a happy and healthy 2016, and may clear skies be plentiful!

I've made some good friends this year and I'm looking forward to making more in the coming year.

Here's to you all - you're not a bad bunch! ;)

I'll get the tissues Vicky all the best for the new year

Having a go with DSS

Neil

031569b41b70600a2faabfc09965250d.jpg just to make you all jealous. I have clear skies. Milky way and aurora! Quick back of camera shot ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Not as good here soupy but the best we have had for many weeks , clear, crisp , cool & good viewing, just finished now with a great view of Jupiter coming over the horizon. Been out for near to 3 hours with my frac.

Think a nice guy from Sweden may have solved my RACI finder scope issue.

Hi Eric just read it very nice helpful people on here

Being out with the camera not much luck hard to manual focus

In the dark might get the telescope out in a bit

Neil

Hi Eric just read it very nice helpful people on here

Being out with the camera not much luck hard to manual focus

In the dark might get the telescope out in a bit

Neil

Hoping it stays like this Neil for Catalina later.

Not as good here soupy but the best we have had for many weeks , clear, crisp , cool & good viewing, just finished now with a great view of Jupiter coming over the horizon. Been out for near to 3 hours with my frac.

Glad you have given that new scope a good run out Eric. Skies have been great tonight. Not yet got Jupiter but I've had 4 meteors, aurora, auroral pillars, milky way, usual suspects of Pleiades, Andromeda, double cluster, even beehive cluster all naked eye and with a glass of whiskey! So well pleased ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Archived