Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Hi mark

What little frac have you got

Neil

sorry Neil had a busy day yesterday so was in bed early. I have a Altair 70mm starwave lovely little scope and works well on the S/W SA with and extra counterweight.

Hi Adam and welcome to WADAS look forward to seeing you next Thursday at our AGM

Mark

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it didn't last long the clouds are back!

Winscar is a lot better than most areas, there are still the light domes of Manchester to the east, Huddersfield to the north and Barnsley north east but it's about the best it gets around here.

I'd also advise Sutton bank too as it has a great eastern view. South looks into the Vale of work and is quite light polluted.

Damian

Yeah it didn't last long the clouds are back!

Winscar is a lot better than most areas, there are still the light domes of Manchester to the east, Huddersfield to the north and Barnsley north east but it's about the best it gets around here.

I'd also advise Sutton bank too as it has a great eastern view. South looks into the Vale of work and is quite light polluted.

Damian

Don't you just hate the Vale of work [emoji849]

Mark

I'll make the trip up to winscar tomorrow if the weather looks good.

It'll be finder only for me though

Damian

Forecast tomorrow for Dunford bridge is snow showers early in the evening, then for it to be clear and around freezing.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Woo hoo sounds like proper viewing weather!

Steady on lol. I looked on the BBC weather app, we have heavy rain here tomorrow night, by that I mean Royston yet Dunford bridge shows clear. On the met office app everywhere tomorrow is cloudy lol. Think I need to watch a TV forecast to see what it's going to be like.

Just been on met check.

I always use Woodhead tunnel rocks as a location as it's about the most accurate.

100% cloud and winds varying from 29-45mph does not sound good at all!

I just did the exact same thing Damian, and it does indeed say cloud. For some reason the bbc app has clear skies there for tomorrow. Tonight's the best forecast for any clear skies at the moment.

Wow, you lot have moved on... Think we'll have some serious competition for King of the forum next year!

Vicky the chocolate Jupiter vase looks great, will look great when finished maybe with some small LED lights inside to show its true colours.

Good luck with the wether for Winscar, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for up here! Though the wind has been fierce for the last two days, the clouds are trying to go! We have some blue skies today.

Welcome Adam also, look forward to meeting you on the 7th.

If it turns out to be clear tomorrow, I'll probably make the trip out if it looks to be worth while - however, it doesn't look too promising at the moment.

I am wondering if Soupy had clear skies up in Kielder to get a few images of Catalina.

I am on afternoons today, so opted for a lie in. If it looks like it's going to be clear early in the morning I'll set my alarm and get up early to have a go at it. Doubt I'll be drinking much tonight, so a thick head shouldn't be an issue lol

Finished my Jupiter pot, and I'm quite pleased with it.

With it only being plastic I don't think I'll risk it as a tea-light holder, but might try some LED lights in it. Might look pretty cool. It's given me a few ideas with regards to my planetary baubles idea ;)

post-39306-0-34333500-1451560519_thumb.j

Yea. You should have clear skies tonight Paul around midnight, but cloudy tomorrow. No idea why the bbc has it clear tomorrow night at Dunford, unless everyone else is behind, as Friday was always cloudy. We shall see

Beautiful sky this morning and comet Catalina a very easy find as said just under Arcturus

Easily in the same field of view with the 9×50 finder.

Venus just on the horizon at this time also so come on people Wakey Wakey and get looking up!

Damian

Was up at 4am approx. and looked out of back window, I COULD ACTUALLY SEE STARS LOL, rushed outside with the10x50 bino's (that I had left on the kitchen table just for this purpose) spotted Catalina immediately with them, one chalked off for the novice lol.

Eric

Was up at 4am approx. and looked out of back window, I COULD ACTUALLY SEE STARS LOL, rushed outside with the10x50 bino's (that I had left on the kitchen table just for this purpose) spotted Catalina immediately with them, one chalked off for the novice lol. Eric

Nicely done Eric! The sun was streaming through the loft window when I finally woke up at 9.30am, however it's gone really overcast again now :(

Thanks Mark - I'll have a look to see what I've got knocking around at home, but that's worth remembering if I can't find anything.

Yes Chris, I was thinking of getting set up when I get home from work if it looks like it's going to be clear. Got my mate and my mum coming round for the evening, but I think they'll understand if I disappear outside if it's clear. Can't waste a clear evening lol :)

Archived