Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

You sure your not from Norfolk with webbed feet

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

No I have a good Yorkshire background and long long long before that French.

My niece has traced the family back to Joan of Arc then they moved to Halifax and they loved us so much they dedicated a park to us [emoji4]

Mark

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March has come! It's clear outside think I can see what some people call a constellation... Looks like some sort of bloke with a belt and a shield and sword! But I could be mistaken it could be the red arrows practising over head as one of the points of light looks quite red! ;)

Woah, this thread has moved on a bit to say Ursula hasn't been on all day ;)

Treated myself to a shiny new flight case from Maplins today, as there are several on offer. It's quite a nice large one to allow room whenever I expand my EP and accessories collection.

Given myself a new project to start - getting my star diagonals, adapters, filters and EPs arranged and sorted and then I can remove the necessary foam to allow them tidy storage into the case.

Got to do a bit of forward thinking to allow room for any EPs I intend to buy so that they'll be in the right order in the case.

I have plenty of depth to do deep circular(ish) holes to drop EPs in on their end rather than having them laying flat in shallower rectangular cut outs.

By doing it this way it it will give me much more room, and so hopefully prevent me having to buy a second case in the future, however does anyone know whether one way offers safer storage than the other?

To me to only benefit would be that if they are layed flat in the foam it is easier to see which EP / focal length it is?

Just asking before I start removing foam.

p.s. As I've been writing this the skies have cleared over Horbury! Think I'm going to have a little session with the binos before bed.

Quick - everyone outside and seize the moment! :)

March has come! It's clear outside think I can see what some people call a constellation... Looks like some sort of bloke with a belt and a shield and sword! But I could be mistaken it could be the red arrows practising over head as one of the points of light looks quite red! ;)

Sounds like you've had too much red wine I reckon. Stop that crazy talk

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Don't forget kids, it's the quadrantids tonight and early hours just before dawn! If it stays clear could be a decent showing!

That's it though, I've probably caused more clouds just by suggesting we go meteor hunting! :(

Got the DSLR out and tried a couple of exposures, really just to try to capitalise on the bit of clear sky, but there is actually quite a lot of high cloud around and it was really washing out my images. So, packed that away and just having a quiet 15 minutes with the binos.

Orion looks magnificent! Shame I'm viewing it from under the street light lol

Will go out back in a minute to get The Pleiades and The Double Cluster.

Jupiter might be up high enough soon to allow me a quick look at that before I call it a night.

Hope a few of you have managed to get out and see some stars :)

Archived