Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done on managing to get out and have a go Sam - you'll get it cracked!

Thanks for sharing the video Chris - I must admit that I ended up skipping it on, but it really puts in into perspective how far apart from each other just our innermost 5 planets are! Mind boggling! Then you think about New Horizons going all the way out to Pluto - the video would be about 5 1/2 hours long!

Need a cuppa after thinking about that lot lol :)

d0c2dec035752fce88c3807afbbc2b0e.jpg

Sorry folks I will not be at kielder in October.

My wonderful wife has got me this for my birthday.

Two nights B&B a night at the observatory and a day photographing birds of pray.

Sorry

Mark

Sam, did you perform drift alignment using a star on the meridian and another on the East/West horizon? Ideally you need to do both to get decent polar alignment if you can't see Polaris.

Are the Moon images single shots or the results of stacking?

d0c2dec035752fce88c3807afbbc2b0e.jpg

Sorry folks I will not be at kielder in October.

My wonderful wife has got me this for my birthday.

Two nights B&B a night at the observatory and a day photographing birds of pray.

Sorry

Mark

Very nice Mark, wait till you look through that big (20") dob with those Naglers sweet ask Nick

Very nice Mark, wait till you look through that big (20") dob with those Naglers sweet ask Nick

I don't know which scope it will be but the hole 3 hours is one to one as it says. Pleases nobody get any astro gear lol

Mark

Well done on managing to get out and have a go Sam - you'll get it cracked!

Thanks for sharing the video Chris - I must admit that I ended up skipping it on, but it really puts in into perspective how far apart from each other just our innermost 5 planets are! Mind boggling! Then you think about New Horizons going all the way out to Pluto - the video would be about 5 1/2 hours long!

Need a cuppa after thinking about that lot lol :)

I skiped it too Vicky, but yea it gives you an idea of how far apart everything is

I don't know which scope it will be but the hole 3 hours is one to one as it says. Pleases nobody get any astro gear lol

Mark

You jammy sod!

That big dob is absolutely awesome and the SCT is Bloomin impressive to. Would love to view Uranus through it.

I'll have every digit crossed for you for clear skies!

Just returned from a very productive evening... A few beers with some great mates and a 13mm Televue Ethos to add to my collection ;)

Me too, had a great evening and another eyepiece to add to my collection too. Cheers look forward to the next outing

Archived