Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

We have got Spurn Point on our list of day trips during the second week of our holidays. You'll have to let us know what it's like Leigh, and what birds you see over there.

Hoping to go to spurn point in October for winter migrants

Neil

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My holiday seemed to help me out a bit, since my mate kept asking me what's what so I kept getting stellarium out and working everything out but I really do feel the need to get out properly! The skies are clearing over my way too so I'm going to image the moon with the atik and see what it's like [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did have clear sky's up to 15 mins ago just cloud now. The only thing I've seen to night are 6 roe dear 2 stages 4 does ,1 monk jack, a fox and a badger also a glimpse of the moon

Mark

Goodness I said I was rusty but never seen any of those in the night skies! He He

On a serious note well done Mark, I have spent quite a bit of time at spurn point fishing in my younger days and it's quite a long stretch of sandy dunes.

The light house is a nice sight and it has a wealth of wild life.

I remember watching dragon flies zipping across the Sands, tiger beetles running across it too which don't half move and also seeing the very strange humming bird hawk moth.

It will be well worth the trip with a camera Leigh

You could also drop into the deep at Hull which is also great and capture a few pic's of that awesome engineering triumph the Humber bridge.

May buy a camera myself one day!

You lot been busy again!

Worked in Hull for a while a few years ago but never got to spurn point, but it sounds great for birding! Well done on the deer constellations Mark ;) and hopefully the swapped focuser works Sam. I've replaced the focuser on the Meade with a moonlite it works a dream :)

Curry not now on Vicky but EP collection might well be ;)

Thought that would be a long video... But it just shows you just how far apart things really are! Didn't really watch it all I fast forwarded it ;) so broke all the rules of physics and travelled faster than light :)

I can't polar align because I can't see Polaris but I did a drift align I think. To align I did a 2 min exposure the for 1 min move right then the last min moved left and adjusted until I had a perfect line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There in lies your problem then Sam... ;) only joking!

Drift align is very difficult but even with it perfect or with polar alignment perfect if the scope is not properly balanced the tracking will be off as the tracking is fighting the scope imbalance :(

Archived