SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Don't forget Lee closes Wednesdays - would hate you to go over tomorrow and find he is closed, unless you are going today of course :)

Been today and Sam was in the shop great to see him

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep Nick. That's where they had the Kielder osprey watch, was fascinating.

Thats where we stay in the caravan when we go up to Kielder. Can spend hours watching them whilst having a pint (or 6) on the decking of the pub!

Shame we're not going this year, but the child insisted on going to the beach instead. So we're doing Norfolk.  :embarrassed:  Although the positive is that the persieds will be originating from over the north sea from where we're camping, so there will be little LP when I sit on the beach with my binos and camera!

Aye it was great to see, shame I couldn't stay longer though was on my way up to get stock and thought I'd ask lee a question. It appears I can't achieve focus with my atik Titan when my coma corrector is in. The extension tube is about 5mm too long [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye it was great to see, shame I couldn't stay longer though was on my way up to get stock and thought I'd ask lee a question. It appears I can't achieve focus with my atik Titan when my coma corrector is in. The extension tube is about 5mm too long [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do u not know an engineer that could take 5mm off the end. Or how about using an axe saw

Mark

I thought that at first, but does it have a thread on the end to worry about? Things are never straightforward are they?

is it Ryan, who makes the solar filters, he is an engineer and would be able to chop 5mm off a tube and rethread it if needed I would think

is it Ryan, who makes the solar filters, he is an engineer and would be able to chop 5mm off a tube and rethread it if needed I would think

Yes, it is Ryan who's in engineering and I bet he could sort it out. Hope you manage to get it sorted using your other focuser Sam. Keep us posted :)

We have got Spurn Point on our list of day trips during the second week of our holidays. You'll have to let us know what it's like Leigh, and what birds you see over there.

I will have no idea whatthey are, you will see the pics on my FB though

Archived