Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Five days to go and I am on holiday as well Neil

Where are you off to Neil? Is Andrew going with you?

We are off work for 2 weeks, but only away for the first week. Going to Goodrich in the Wye Valley. Really looking forward to it, and I'm packing my scope, binos and camera too as the skies are nice and dark :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vicky

Yes andrew and Janet are going with me to

Paignton in Dorset no space for the scope as we are going on a coaching holiday

Will be taking the camera and bins might get the chance to do a bit of bird watching

While about walking and do some photography if I get the chance to sneak out by myself

Where are you off to Neil? Is Andrew going with you?

We are off work for 2 weeks, but only away for the first week. Going to Goodrich in the Wye Valley. Really looking forward to it, and I'm packing my scope, binos and camera too as the skies are nice and dark :)

Have you hired a van ? Two adults and two kids all ur clothes and all ur astro gear in that little car it's a squeeze [emoji3]

Mark

Hope u have a good time Neil. I'm sick of seeing red kites every were u go there's 6 or so just riding the air currents.

Mark

Hi mark

Thanks you could always send them over the border to South Yorkshire

Neil

I love the sight of red kites hovering waiting for the kill... Been watching the Ospreys up at Kielder they have some nest cams. Two chicks were squabbling over a trout dad brought them back.

Had a look through their spotting scopes as well. Was pretty cool! :)

Have you hired a van ? Two adults and two kids all ur clothes and all ur astro gear in that little car it's a squeeze [emoji3]Mark

Fortunately, we'll be going in the "family" car, which is a bit bigger than mine - mind you, most cars are a bit bigger than mine lol.

We are only away for a week, and the cottage has a washing machine, so we'll be packing light.

Got to leave room for the astro gear! Priorities! ;)

No not for another 3 weeks Neil.

There's 4 hovering over the campsite most of the day soupy.

I was up around 6:30 on Monday photographing dear there's a wood just to the side of the site and they come out morning and evening. Lovely site to see wild

Mark

Had a nice hour with Matt who has been pointing me in the right direction with the Atik camera and the EQ mount (literally!)

He's showed me how to link the Atik camera with the APT software, which will give me a "live" view for easier focusing and image planning.

Think it'll all start to come together now.

He's a star - thank you Matt :)

Had a nice hour with Matt who has been pointing me in the right direction with the Atik camera and the EQ mount (literally!)

He's showed me how to link the Atik camera with the APT software, which will give me a "live" view for easier focusing and image planning.

Wonder which kind he is? Main sequence? sub giant? he he  :grin:

You're welcome. I'm hardly an expert myself, but I do try to share the knowledge around.

I was in the area anyway since I'd called by to see Ryan - who has done a fantastic job fabricating an EQ6 adapter for me. I doubt I'll get to finish the pier before heading off to Galloway, but I'm planning to do a thread on here that details the build so you'll all be able to see the finished article.

Archived