Hi all from Sittingbourne

cuprasteve

Hi all, I have always had an interest in astronomy but after spending a few nights with my cousin and his scope (sky watcher 200p) I decided to pull my finger out and do something. I had recently been given a bridge camera so with the first semi clear night I got took a few shoots of orion. These were put through DSS and adjusted in photoshop not great but ok for a first attempt. Having read a bit on here and on blogs I got hold of a Nikon 3200 DSLR and had another go, again of orion. I took 60 subs at 5 seconds iso 1600 f5.4, again into DSS and then into photoshop and to my suprise it looked to me really good! I can even see M42 my first picture of it, although very small it made me smile! :grin: Can't wait for my next clear night.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome

I have many happy memories living in Danaway on the A249 if my memory serves. That was in the nineties working for Shell up the road, long gone now.

Welcome and enjoy yourself, from now on your kids will go hungry.....

Barry

Archived