Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Edinburgh

Sleepy Kiki

Hi

I've just got my first telescope (SW ED80) and thought I'd say hello to all the helpful people on SGL.

As a keen photographer my interest have been on the imaging side of astronomy and I've been lurking for many weeks after instantly recognizing the friendliness of the forum.

The advice given has been so helpful and valuable, I only hope that one day I'll be able to do the same! :cheesy:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see there are a few of us around the Lothian area, makes me feel better knowing there are others around on those rare but clear nights!

Steve, the scope is mounted on a HEQ5 which seems to be a good partnership and certainly a popular one from the advice given. I noticed the link to CSOG on your sig, looks like a great place to keep up with more local events.

Hi Sleepy Kikik and welcome to SGL, if you are going down the dark side with imaging, then if you have been perusing various threads about the subject, I suspect mention of Steve Richards book, "Making Every Photon Count" will have cropped up, a well worth investment in the long run, for those starting out in AP, as many will bear testament too. Enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Hiya, welcome to SGL :)

If you follow Steve's link as you said, it will put you in touch with a more local group who observe/ image at a few dark sites around Edinburgh/ Central Scotland. Meetings are usually at short notice as you can imagine with the weather we have up here. Maybe meet you at one of the sites one night.

Archived