Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter double shadow transit 03/01/2013

Luis Campos

Hi all,

Well, couldn't go to bed without processing the RGB series of this beautifull event he he he :)

Even with a warm mirror (had the scope out of the garage) still managed to get a decent image of the double shadow transit, lots of smoke and turbulence from the chimneys all around my spot but still very happy with this image! Honestly I wasn't expecting much, so a good surprise at the end :grin:

As allways, captured with my 300 mm GSO newt., DMK 21 mono, stack of about 1000 frames per channel, processed with Registax 6 (AS!2 wouldn't let me put the two moon's... :() and finished in PS CS5

Best wishes,

Luís

P.S. I still have to process the R series to make a small animation, but time for bed now ;)

post-13017-0-84944100-1357258489_thumb.p

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A brilliant image, thanks for sharing it, another cloudy night in Scotland so unfortunately no chance of me capturing the transit.

I'm looking forward to seeing your animation when you finish it. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Luis, what a stunning image! We were totally clouded-out last night - so frustrating ... but happy that we have an international group of first class imagers who share their pictures with us. Thank you.

Bud

Fabulous image Luis. It has so much depth to it because of the different sized shadows of the moons, you can really imagine it in 3D so it has a nice perspective. I too was clouded out so thank you for posting this.

Stu

That's a beauty Luis.

UK is having it pretty bad at the moment.I've only managed one clear night since the 12th of December!! Feel as though any potential for a few more decent Jupiter shots is fast disappearing.

Regards

Pete

Wow! Thanks everyone for the very kind words! :)

I'm sorry to ear that you couldn't see this due to bad weather :( It was really beautifull to see. But now it's all cloudy here too, there goes the clear sky, I was thinking of going to my dark sky spot today....no luck.

I'll work tomorow on the animation ;)

Luís

Archived