Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

huge fireball

Daniel-K

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good view. Look how close together it is in the video there, then if you see, check BBC, see just how far the fragments then spread. I saw it when it was close together, as in the video.

amazing and well done on catching that. you must still be shaking with excitment i know i would be

90%

heres the link

WOW - loved the comedy swearing - i'd have done much the same. Saw a little streak through the clouds from atop a hil in Berks but it looks amazing from where you are. I have shared it on Facebook if thats OK, I have a few astro nerds on there that will ove this!

Seriously - get in touch with the BBC!

I'm glad you captured it, but I have to say what we saw with the naked eye was far more spectacular the trail was at least 25 degrees long and the whole thing was huge, I wonder if being at 2000ft asl with a clear sky gave a better view ? I am still buzzing now :)

This is really weird. I didnt see this tonight but happened to be close to the window around 3 weeks ago and saw something which was exactly the same, size, colour everything. This was in the south though, a large white ball that gradually went from white to blue to red and yellow, and had quite a significant trail. Ive read if this was a meteorite this could show it composition, ie iron. It must have broken into 7 or so pieces and faded away into distance. No one believed me, maybe they will now.

This is really weird. I didnt see this tonight but happened to be close to the window around 3 weeks ago and saw something which was exactly the same, size, colour everything. This was in the south though, a large white ball that gradually went from white to blue to red and yellow, and had quite a significant trail. Ive read if this was a meteorite this could show it composition, ie iron. It must have broken into 7 or so pieces and faded away into distance. No one believed me, maybe they will now.

I think it was much more that 7 pieces, I believe 10 or 11 from what I saw over Accrington was wondering what the hell it was when I saw it out the corner of my eye through the window went outside and saw many pieces all leaving trails. Was brilliant.

I was driving north on the M6 30 miles south of J26. I saw the fireball appear from my right, low and slow moving. I first thought it was a plane coming in for landing in an airfield just beside the motorway on the west. It was huge, lit up the sky in front of me. It was breaking up as it went overhead, then dissipated after about 10 seconds in the west.

Almost caused me to crash. Amazing.

Saw it Saw it!! Tonight at 11pm over Huddersfield. Awesome but very scary as I thought it was a plane about to crash. No noise, very very bright with a green tinge (in my binoculars). Very low, almost horizontal then light went out quietly like a firwork does. And yes, saw it 'burning up' as it came towards me. Well did not hear any noise as I was in my car.

Check this frames animated from me motion detect epic and wow! :)

wow2.gif

wow that is amazing. You can tell how low it was by how much it lights that garden up and how it reflects off that thing on the bottom left hand side of the pic in the first couple frames. Great catch there. Forward it to BBC ask for money ;D lol

wow that is amazing. You can tell how low it was by how much it lights that garden up and how it reflects off that thing on the bottom left hand side of the pic in the first couple frames. Great catch there. Forward it to BBC ask for money ;D lol

I have other cctv cams with infrared led's thats why i see whole garden in dark

and i see what you mean the refection from one me garden solar lights great spotting that :)

Saw it down in Cornwall. It had broken up into 6-8 large pieces with a long trail of sparks following behind and was really low in the sky, less than 10 degrees I would guess. It was so low and so bright I thought it was a train at first glance. Watched it gradually change colour from white to orange and finally fade away to nothing. It was awesome. What a great start to a nights viewing.

Archived