SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

huge fireball

Daniel-K

Question, as sightings have been recorded all over the country now, can it be determined whether it passed directly over the UK, or over the sea? If people in Scotland saw it (looking North or South?), and people down in Norfolk. I saw it from NNE near Leeds, exit unknown due to houses. I assume we will have to wait a few days for confirmation, just curious.

If you saw it NNE from leeds, we saw it from Central Scotland from SE heading to W, Probably puts it on a track directly above Northumberland, Cumbria and further on to over Northen Ireland..... unfortunately if anything hit earth it will be at the bottom of the Atlantic

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What are they thinking it could be?"

They just haven't confirmed either Tom - it has to be one or the other I guess - unless it was an alien attack lol :)

Watch more my awesome time lapse footage from me motion detection i also captured a strange looking object and then hour so later that meteor/object also went passed thats one for alien attacks! ;)

wow1.gif

I trails couple of images

299350_10151231318057288_1767841971_n.jpgand then

548426_10151231291782288_1341824311_n.jpg

I

I saw the fireball all the way, from the beach at Lytham St Anne's, Lancs. It was incredibly bright. I first thought it was a chinese lantern, but it was much too bright. I then thought it was a firework. As I carried on tracking it accross the sky, I thought it must be a flare from a flare gun.

It quite clearly was throwing off bits of fire, and as it sped over the Irish Sea it broke up into several pieces.

It was only after seeing the sheer distance it had travelled, that I realised it must have been a massive fireball meteor. It was an incredible sight which I was so lucky to see because I was out stargazing, anyway. I saw it from the first moment it appeared, right up until it reached the horizon, breaking up along the way.

From reading eyewitness reports here and elsewhere, there are people on mainland UK who saw it in the East, and others who saw it in the West. It sounds like there were two objects, each travelling from North to South on each side of the Pennines.

From Manchester, I saw it to the North, travelling from East-ish to West-ish. If it was roughly 80 miles high, and was also visible from Scotland (was it overhead in the Middlesbrough area?) then iI'd say it was also visible from the West of England and the East(?)

From Manchester, I saw it to the North, travelling from East-ish to West-ish. If it was roughly 80 miles high, and was also visible from Scotland (was it overhead in the Middlesbrough area?) then iI'd say it was also visible from the West of England and the East(?)

Yes i captured it on me skycam middlesbrough here :) check whole thread i have images posted.

I have heard they is somet with redcar beach closed off and they police and army there some people redcar saying somet landed

i havent heard no news about that one like will check local press monday.

interesting like.

And awesome images, they are, Cliff. Intrigued by the lights you captured before the fireball...

Possibility: low flying large bird or birds, such as a swan or swans, underlit by the local streetlights, and it's about the right speed for a bird. Too fast and large for a distant plane,

i saw it to going e to w at about 80 deg above my horizon. watched the whole thing from birkrig common by ulverston in cumbria. epic. also did anyone hear the rapid serise of deep "booms" about 30 sec after it had dissapered over the western horizon,

And awesome images, they are, Cliff. Intrigued by the lights you captured before the fireball...

Me to...........thought it was a helicopter lit from below.......top part being the rotor with fuselage below.

However,on closer scrutiny I think what has been captured is in fact a Star Wars Podracer! :Envy:

post-849-0-05160300-1348392141_thumb.jpg

Archived