Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 8 - General Questions?

daz

Is there an updated pitch allocation map available ?.I booked and paid on 30th September and received confirmation . I didn't specify a plot number but on the last allocation map for 1st Octtober can't

see me on it anywhere.

Dave

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there an updated pitch allocation map available ?.I booked and paid on 30th September and received confirmation . I didn't specify a plot number but on the last allocation map for 1st Octtober can't

see me on it anywhere.

Dave

Give Daz a PM , he is the fountain of all knowledge ;)

anyone remember what the mobile reception is like at the site? I'm thinking mobile internet, 3G/HSDPA

Depends what provider you're with. I've got a T-mobile for personal use which is hopeless down at the rally field but OK up near reception.

My work vodafone was absolutely fine.

A free wi-i hotspot was provided by admin last year so they may be providing another :)

I was using my iPhone (on Vodafone) as a personal hotspot when the SGL Wifi wasn't installed.

That's cool i wasn't really expecting WiFi on site but i just wanted to make sure reception was good enough to do the same as you

Cheers Kev

Depends what provider you're with. I've got a T-mobile for personal use which is hopeless down at the rally field but OK up near reception.

My work vodafone was absolutely fine.

A free wi-i hotspot was provided by admin last year so they may be providing another :)

Ive a Three 3G Data SIM which i'm going to use as my hotspot i have found that the reception i get on that is usually on par with my vodafone phone so hopefully no issues. WiFi on site would be good though, i need to be able to follow the footie on the Saturday morning :-)

The cafe has wifi, so you'll be able to listen over breakfast!!

Listen!!!

I have Sky Go & a Slingbox, i intend to watch LOL

Astro by night, sleep till 12, footie & breakfast, complain about the cold, beer & banter...... i have my week planned!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

sorry it says c:users\MYCOMP~1\appData\Roaming\MICROS~1\INSTAL~1\{34212~1\_6FEFF~1.EX3

The NTVDM CPU has encounterd an illegal instruction.

CS:05a6 IP;01b6 OP:df fb 9e f4 8a Choose 'Close@ to terminate the application

this is jargon to me so it might be me or my comp thanks for taking the time to reply appreciate it

thanks

sam

Sorry to go a little 'off topic', I'm hoping to make this my first star camp. Looking at the site on maps, I notice a nice looking river alongside, since my other interest is angling, does the site have any 'pegs' along the bank that may be used during the day if stargazing is a washout??

Cheers

Rick

I would check the closed season dates for river's SGL8 is in the closed season. most pools are open all year round but rivers still have a closed season

Archived