Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL 8 - General Questions?

daz

I was wondering if there are any plans to screen off the driveway into the rally field?

Last year I had my retinas imprinted with the images of car headlights several times as they drove up the main track through the site which is perfectly aligned with the entrance to the rally field.

We are working with the site to reduce as much light as possible, but not sure how we'd manage this one to be honest....

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone from SGL7 got pictures of the views from the site, any obstructions in any directions, will i be camping under a tree etc....

Looks like the panorama is looking straight up the Hare field to me which is where you are.

The whole location is fairly flat & open, a bit of high ground to the E/SE.

No need to worry about anything like that, it'll be a nice surprise when you get there:)

Anyone from SGL7 got pictures of the views from the site, any obstructions in any directions, will i be camping under a tree etc....

The reason that we use the rally field is that its the furthest away from any obstructions , as most people will have their scopes pointing southwards there is a nice unobstructed view unless your targets are very low on the Horizon.

The only pitches that have a slight issue with trees are the non ehu pitches on hare, but they arent big trees and they aren't much of an issue. I really hope the people in the house on the hill have bought some curtains for this year though, or have learnt how to switch lights off.

As others have already linked to the SGL7 threads with images, you can see how the site is laid out. SGL8 will be my 3rd SGL party and looking forward to meeting up with fellow members old and new. I can remember my first SGL party, it was also my first experience of camping so was doubly apprehensive... I needn't of been.

The admin team make you feel very welcome the moment you turn up at the site. If you struggle with erecting the tent, there will be plenty of people willing to help. The atmosphere for the weekend is fantastic, upwards of 150 people all enjoying the same interest, be that observing, drinking or scoffing jaffa cakes :)

Don't worry, enjoy it.....

I really hope the people in the house on the hill have bought some curtains for this year though, or have learnt how to switch lights off.

I understand the previous tenants have vacated the property (is that a cheer I hear?) :)

Here's a poor panoramic view when I was at SGL7 on the hard standing area with my mobile phone, this was on the Tuesday when I was packing up & going home hence why there's not many people around. Hope it gives folk some idea on the view though.

VIDEO0031_stitch.jpg

These are a couple of panos I put together to use in Stellarium

sgl6_1x1024.jpg

larger size link http://www.photosbyk...1/03/sgl6_1.jpg

sgl6_2x1024.jpg

larger size link http://www.photosbykev.com/wordpress/wp-content/gallery/sgl6_day3/sgl6_2.jpg

I'm coming down on the Tuesday & leaving on Monday so I'd also like a hand to unfold & fold my flat pack folding caravan please if anyone would be so kind. It should'nt take no longer than 10 minutes as I can do most of the setting up myself. I'll be on hand for anyone else who needs a hand with anything while I'm there plus I'll have tea & jaffa cakes on hand. :grin:

I'm coming down on the Tuesday & leaving on Monday so I'd also like a hand to unfold & fold my flat pack folding caravan please if anyone would be so kind. It should'nt take no longer than 10 minutes as I can do most of the setting up myself. I'll be on hand for anyone else who needs a hand with anything while I'm there plus I'll have tea & jaffa cakes on hand. :grin:
Can help on the decamp, not arriving til the Thurs though. From the general tone of the SGL postings I don't think you'll have any difficulty in finding help setting up - especially if you have cold, hard SGL currency in hand :)

Just to throw a spanner in your works - It's closed season between March 15th and June 15th - No fishing permitted

um... that is not quite true......got this e-mail a short while back from camp site.....and unless I misunderstood this fly fishing is allowed....

Good Morning Robert,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Depending on your unit we have some hardstanding pitches and some grass pitches reserved. The pitches are very generous and we put one caravan or one tent per pitch. The unit price includes two persons.

The elecrtic is charged per day no matter how much you use. We have 16amp 240 volt electric but you need your own adapter and cable.

The course fishing actually closes on the 14th March until June. The only fishing available is fly fishing.

Dont hesitate to contact us if you have any futher questions,

Regards,

Jane.

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent:
Saturday, September 22, 2012 9:06 PM

Subject:
A Customer Enquiry from Caravan Sitefinder

sorry about black print again.....don't know how to fixit

I read that as 'fly fishing is allowed' as well :)

To fix the text colour, highlight it with the mouse and click the little A+paintbrush control in the tool bar between the font size box and the smiley icon.

cheers guys

im really looking forward to this, can we move this forward to now!!!!

There'll be plenty of people with their kit set up for polar alignment too - you're the other side of the fence from me. On the site map (http://www.lucksallpark.co.uk/siteplan.html) north is basically pointing to the right of the map (ie towards the main entrance).

um... that is not quite true......got this e-mail a short while back from camp site.....and unless I misunderstood this fly fishing is allowed....

Good Morning Robert,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Depending on your unit we have some hardstanding pitches and some grass pitches reserved. The pitches are very generous and we put one caravan or one tent per pitch. The unit price includes two persons.

The elecrtic is charged per day no matter how much you use. We have 16amp 240 volt electric but you need your own adapter and cable.

The course fishing actually closes on the 14th March until June. The only fishing available is fly fishing.

Dont hesitate to contact us if you have any futher questions,

Regards,

Jane.

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent:
Saturday, September 22, 2012 9:06 PM

Subject:
A Customer Enquiry from Caravan Sitefinder

sorry about black print again.....don't know how to fixit

Agreed, if you have the correct fishing license for migratory trout and salmon then taking brown trout on the fly from the river between 22nd March and 30th September is perfectly legal. Salmon can also be taken between February and October, however if you have a normal course license you could risk a fine as it would be deemed the same as having no license at all.

FLO have pitches at SGL8, are they/you just there as the forums sponser or will you be selling/demoing products as well?

FLO attend the star party as astronomers rather than traders. The SGL parties don't have any trade stands but there is normally a bring and buy sale for the members on the Saturday

Archived