sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

SGL 8 - General Questions?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That wasn't actually a hog. It was a motorist who drove into the camp one night with his headlights full on. Rather tasty though

My top tip for SGL8 camping comfort is to stop drinking beer at least 2 hours before you plan to turn in for the night. Waking up in Arctic conditions at 5am with a full bladder and the prospect of h

As others have already linked to the SGL7 threads with images, you can see how the site is laid out. SGL8 will be my 3rd SGL party and looking forward to meeting up with fellow members old and new.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Are there any transportation arrangements for people who are keen on taking part but don't have cars?

Thanks!

Imad

No , you will need to make your own arrangements.

I believe that the fishing season is CLOSED when we are there....

I don`t normally go coarse fishing these days, but can anyone clear up some confusion about the close season. I guess the river is under the Environment Agency control, so closed season it must be. However, when I have been at the Kelling Heath spring star party in April it is ok to fish on their lake. Would that be because it is classed as a private lake?

I seem to recall that the fishing in the river at that point is controlled by a local angling club ?

It looked like trout and grayling to me.

I don`t normally go coarse fishing these days, but can anyone clear up some confusion about the close season. I guess the river is under the Environment Agency control, so closed season it must be. However, when I have been at the Kelling Heath spring star party in April it is ok to fish on their lake. Would that be because it is classed as a private lake?

If its private then they can open whenever they want.

Although........as far as I understand, a rod licence is required at an Environment Agency water and also a private lake. Unless I am mistaken

Correct , you need a rod licence wherever you intend to fish

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question about additional parking if anyone knows - I'm going with five other people, we have two adjacent pitches booked. We'll be coming down in three cars - one of our party will be car camping, but I'm just wondering if there isn't enough room on our pitches, if there is additional parking near the site entrance or somewhere else we can leave our cars during the stay? We'll have one large tent on one, and a smaller tent to pack away scopes during the day on the other - last thing we want is to block valuable sky views with extra cars !

Thanks Daz - yes I'd already seen that car/van camping must be on a pitch so absolutely that's where the car camper will be. The "spare" cars will be those belonging to the ones sleeping in the tent.

Thanks for clarifying though, do appreciate it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah getting everything in the car (a 3 door corsa) is going to be fun, I managed it last year but this year I have a bigger scope, bigger tent, bigger blow up bed, and stuff I didn't need last year as I didn't have a pitch with electric like a heater and cool box, I'm thinking about hiring a van.

Edited by jabberwocky