Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

daz

SGL 8 - General Questions?

Are there any questions/queries that need answering? Just had a scan back and cannot spot one?

Let us know if we have missed one.

Ant

Hello,

Are there any transportation arrangements for people who are keen on taking part but don't have cars?

Thanks!

Imad

Hello,

Are there any transportation arrangements for people who are keen on taking part but don't have cars?

Thanks!

Imad

No , you will need to make your own arrangements.

Are there door prizes / raffle prizes at SGL? If so can you direct me to a coordinator that might handle contributions?

Thanks in advance!

- Phyllis

I believe that the fishing season is CLOSED when we are there....

I don`t normally go coarse fishing these days, but can anyone clear up some confusion about the close season. I guess the river is under the Environment Agency control, so closed season it must be. However, when I have been at the Kelling Heath spring star party in April it is ok to fish on their lake. Would that be because it is classed as a private lake?

I don't fish these days but this is the arrangement on the River Wye or so I understand

Fishing Seasons (River Wye)

Salmon: 3rd March to 17th October.

Trout: 3rd March to 30th September.

Coarse: 16th June to 14 March (Following).

I seem to recall that the fishing in the river at that point is controlled by a local angling club ?

It looked like trout and grayling to me.

I don`t normally go coarse fishing these days, but can anyone clear up some confusion about the close season. I guess the river is under the Environment Agency control, so closed season it must be. However, when I have been at the Kelling Heath spring star party in April it is ok to fish on their lake. Would that be because it is classed as a private lake?

If its private then they can open whenever they want.

Although........as far as I understand, a rod licence is required at an Environment Agency water and also a private lake. Unless I am mistaken

Although........as far as I understand, a rod licence is required at an Environment Agency water and also a private lake. Unless I am mistaken

Correct , you need a rod licence wherever you intend to fish

Quick question about additional parking if anyone knows - I'm going with five other people, we have two adjacent pitches booked. We'll be coming down in three cars - one of our party will be car camping, but I'm just wondering if there isn't enough room on our pitches, if there is additional parking near the site entrance or somewhere else we can leave our cars during the stay? We'll have one large tent on one, and a smaller tent to pack away scopes during the day on the other - last thing we want is to block valuable sky views with extra cars !

The pitches are very generous , but if you couldn't squeeze it in there is space close by.

Thanks Daz - yes I'd already seen that car/van camping must be on a pitch so absolutely that's where the car camper will be. The "spare" cars will be those belonging to the ones sleeping in the tent.

Thanks for clarifying though, do appreciate it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying though, do appreciate it :)

Cool! Just wanted to avoid any awkward conversations!! :)

Cool! Just wanted to avoid any awkward conversations!! :)

There are enough of them when someone steals a breakfast :)
  • Like 1

Am I correct in thinking that there will be an Astro Jumble type sale this year, as in previous years?

Ok, time is drawing close, this is my first time, does anybody have a 'checklist' they use to make sure they got all they need ??

Yep, it's called pushing everything in the car so that all the doors shut, then carefully opening them on arrival,

Nick.

• Like 2

Yeah getting everything in the car (a 3 door corsa) is going to be fun, I managed it last year but this year I have a bigger scope, bigger tent, bigger blow up bed, and stuff I didn't need last year as I didn't have a pitch with electric like a heater and cool box, I'm thinking about hiring a van.

Edited by jabberwocky