Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

I've no idea what time I'll get there yet. I'll be the one who traditionally gets my car stuck in the mud whilst bringing the caravan on-site. In my defence the car is heavy and rear wheel drive and the ground is usually rubbish so it just kind of sinks. I was quietly chuckling at some of the 4x4's getting stuck last year but it had been pretty dire weather for weeks beforehand so the ground was very soft. I'm bringing at least one of my mates with me this year who wants to get into Astro but has never really looked through a scope before so I'll be sending him in the direction of you patient observers :)   

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks,  moonShane, yes slight trek but when you think how far the stars are away and we can see em, it puts travel into perspective, for me anyway. so best dust off the passport, (migrating from Essex LOL), start saving for the fuel , and will endeavour to get there for 2014. hae a great time this year, Lum.

I think im in saturn 2....will have my 180 pro set up on the HEQ5, and going to try and bring my Tal 100 and 150pds on the AZ4, any one is welcome to have a look through these scopes, providing i am not doing any imaging work (might have my little 90mm frac on the HEQ for imaging)

no worries. there's many on here have forgotten more than I know but I am pretty good at finding most things, I could probably show you at least 20-30 objects in an hour or so.  where's your tent? I am in Saturn 30 - look for the big white scope and rubbish green car.

It's not the size, it's what you do with it that counts! :)

I can't decide whether or not to bring the 5" or the 8"... 5" is very portable and easy to move if I want to set up somewhere other than my tent, AND in a dark site, performs brilliantly, but the 8" is just so impressive in comparison!!! What do I do?

Archived