SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be good to meet you again Algady! Are you bringing your ep collection again, or will you be able to get a scope on the bus too? Guessing that'll be a bit tricky - but your welcome to come look through my scope(s) again! I'm in Neptune pitch 27 this year.

Be good to meet you again Algady! Are you bringing your ep collection again, or will you be able to get a scope on the bus too? Guessing that'll be a bit tricky - but your welcome to come look through my scope(s) again! I'm in Neptune pitch 27 this year.

Hi and thank you so much for your offer, It's so difficult to bring my telescope with me, but I'll bring my eps.

I'm unlikely to be completely sober though. I remember at PSP11 the weather on the Friday was pants and I drank a full bottle of red wine and went to be at about midnight. then it cleared and I heard talking and jumped out of bed about 1.30am. carrying a 16" dob out in such a condition was somewhat 'fraught'.

I'm in Saturn 18 and really excited now, still to sort my tent out so you'll probably all get a good laugh at me scratching my head wondering where everything goes?

Hope the nights will be really clear and the viewing spectacular.Be great to see all those scope's pointing skyward.

Be great to put faces to all the people on here attending

Ah, I see this thread is starting to perk up a bit with the star party only a month away. It will be good to hob-knob or should that be Jaffa cake with some S@N A-listers :grin: I am really looking forward to it. I do so hope that the weather plays ball this year.. I will be in a significantly small tent than the 8 man behemoth that I normally attend this event with. I am going to try and stay off the sauce and get more viewing / imaging done.

Ian

Aha Shane, I hope to get some good views of a lot of stuff coz this new scope don't get to see much by my house :-( really need to get to grips with aligning it properly and recognising stars to do it with lol fingers crossed we will get some good skies and plenty of chatting and learning hopefully :-)

Hi Guys and Gals,

Sorry info has been a little on the slim side re this year’s PSP. James and I have almost finished putting the party together. I see there have been a couple of questions on here that have gone unanswered.

Firstly... Yes the food wagon will be there all weekend again doing all three daily meals with the usual fish and chips on the Saturday evening (he has assured me the fryer will not break down this year ;) )

The theme of the party will be Back to Basics with the emphasis on polar alignment, star hoping and collimation (Some very good workshops being put together for these topics).

I will try to pop into this thread over the next couple of weeks to answer and questions you may have. If your question is in relation to bookings please contact James as a first point of callas that is his area of responsibility. :)

See you all soon,

Paul...

Archived