Peak Star Party 2013

Hope Bigmakstutov doesn't forget about posting the quiz winners photo :grin:

Sorry guys, haven't forgotten, just don't seem to be able to upload anything to the forum currently, checking with admin now and will post ASAP

Stu

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We came, we saw, we..........ate chocolate!! :-)

The Muddy Views team celebrating a win in the Astro quiz on Saturday night, receiving the highly coveted 'Roll de Chocolat, Suisse' award which was washed down with a few drinks at Shane's tent soon afterwards :-)

Thanks to the UKAI chaps for organising and running it, great fun was had by all.

Left to right.....

Philthy, Estwing, Moonshane, Mapstar and Bigmakstutov.

Cheers,

Stu

post-6762-0-48284500-1381770436_thumb.jp

I hope that PorkyB got a bit of sky as a reward for sticking it out on his own in the corner of Saturn field!

It rained all night.  It rained while I was packing up.  It rained while I was unloading my gear at home.

Still, it was great to meet everyone.  Already looking forward to next year's.

Cleaned up the camper and put all the gear back in the shed. Dropped Algady off in Newcastle on the way back so took a different way home. Thanks to the organisers for there valiant efforts to keep everyone entertained in the face of wild wet weather. I'll be there again next year hoping for third time lucky :)

I was speaking to a bloke over the weekend called Dave from Sutton Coldfield, he was in Neptune 16. I did not get his online name, does anyone know who he is on SGL?

Drop me an email to info@... I cannot share email addresses but I am happy to forward reasonable emails if you want to get in touch with somebody you met at PSP.

the most anticipated photo ever?

Ahhh the winning team photo. Was a good laugh guys and the 'Roll de Chocolat, Suisse'  trophy went down exceedingly quickly (lubricated by a few beers) adding to the chin count on the way!!!

Great night and a proper giggle till about 2:30am.

The next morning Shanes tent area looked more like Glastonbury than PSP he he

We came, we saw, we..........ate chocolate!! :-)

The Muddy Views team celebrating a win in the Astro quiz on Saturday night, receiving the highly coveted 'Roll de Chocolat, Suisse' award which was washed down with a few drinks at Shane's tent soon afterwards :-)

Thanks to the UKAI chaps for organising and running it, great fun was had by all.

Left to right.....

Philthy, Estwing, Moonshane, Mapstar and Bigmakstutov.

Cheers,

Stu

I'm still tempted to call for a Stewards' Enquiry on the "Can anything escape from a Black Hole?" answer! A virtual photon falling into a black hole is not the same as a real photon leaving one. Harrumph!

Mind you, you probably would have won the tie-breaker :)

Congratulations anyway! 

I'm still tempted to call for a Stewards' Enquiry on the "Can anything escape from a Black Hole?" answer! A virtual photon falling into a black hole is not the same as a real photon leaving one. Harrumph!

Congratulations anyway! 

What was the tie breaker?

After the soaking my tent got i find myself looking on ebay for a new one, would have thought i could get a good deal at this time of year, but not so

I had a 9 man tent and did the very same looking for something smaller but like you said anything decent is not cheap.

Congratulations anyway!

Tee hee :-)

Let's get Mr Hawking to explain himself, what was he thinking?

I must confess, given my limited knowledge of that level of physics it all seems pretty far fetched!!

Re-match next year then :-)

Cheers,

Stu

Tee hee :-)

Let's get Mr Hawking to explain himself, what was he thinking?

I must confess, given my limited knowledge of that level of physics it all seems pretty far fetched!!

Re-match next year then :-)

Cheers,

Stu

About 2am in the UKAI tent I gave an eloquent, concise description of why Hawking Radiation MUST exist. I used words like "entropy" and "conservation" so I am sure the people around me would have been impressed if they were a little more sober... Sadly, I cannot remember the reasoning just now but I am sure it will come back to me after several tins and a bottle of wine...

whatever happens next year, we'll all be swotting up for the quiz. I personally thought it was a fantastic thing to do. it brought a lot of people together for some fun, banter and even chocolate cake. as far as I'm concerned it should be a regular event - I'll even offer to write the questions if I can still take part :grin:

seriously though, I hope the quiz is back in 2014 whatever the weather.

whatever happens next year, we'll all be swotting up for the quiz. I personally thought it was a fantastic thing to do. it brought a lot of people together for some fun, banter and even chocolate cake. as far as I'm concerned it should be a regular event - I'll even offer to write the questions if I can still take part :grin:

seriously though, I hope the quiz is back in 2014 whatever the weather.

Agreed!

Guys and Gals,

I am making notes on the great suggestions on here for how to improve PSP 2014.

On a personal note i would like to say a massive thanks to the SGL team and all their members who attended PSP 2013 and made this event such a memorable one for me.

You guys may not have seen many stars but i saw over 100  :grin:  unfortunateley they were all wearing wet weather gear  :wink: 

I am so humbled by the effort everyone puts into each PSP event to make it all work over the weekend. I know something must be going right when i see hardened astro imagers presenting cake to hardened visual observers :grin:  

One of my biggest smiles was when  shane and his team, after a night on the pop woke up wearing imaging badges :lol:

Without all your efforts and generosity PSP would be almost impossible to run you are all a credit to this great hobby. :headbang:

Paul Collins.

Part of PSP team.

nice one Paul. if there's one person you can guarantee to appear out of the gloom in the dead of the night to offer assistance it's your good self  :grin:

one suggestion for next year is new moon? either Sep 26 or Oct 24. as much as I like the moon, we can see that from home  :smiley:

Guys and Gals,

I am making notes on the great suggestions on here for how to improve PSP 2014.

On a personal note i would like to say a massive thanks to the SGL team and all their members who attended PSP 2013 and made this event such a memorable one for me.

You guys may not have seen many stars but i saw over 100 :grin: unfortunateley they were all wearing wet weather gear :wink:

I am so humbled by the effort everyone puts into each PSP event to make it all work over the weekend. I know something must be going right when i see hardened astro imagers presenting cake to hardened visual observers :grin:

One of my biggest smiles was when shane and his team, after a night on the pop woke up wearing imaging badges :lol:

Without all your efforts and generosity PSP would be almost impossible to run you are all a credit to this great hobby. :headbang:

Paul Collins.

Part of PSP team.

Awww, you all do a fab job, I no how hard it is to create an run an event as iv had to help organise our local carnival a few years back, it's thoroughly enjoyable to see it running smoothly when the time comes... My offer of any help needed is still here. I agree the quiz was a brill idea and was a lot of fun for everyone so it should definately be a regular thing.... I will swat up thru the year lol I did manage a few of the answers though which surprised me ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived