NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASIGN Observatory II is back on track!!

ASIGN_Baz

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with all that room, when do you start the 2nd magnificent Obby....

That IS the second Obsy... hence the II at the end..... ;)

If you can tune into Australian TV channels, make sure you are watching tonight at 7pm AEST on Channel 7.

Better homes and Gardens is showing my observatory, but some of the footage was shot in front of the Iron Man suit. 

Baz,

I've been following your story for a while now, even looked up your first ASIGN observatory plans long time ago. You are an inspiration, no doubt. Your hard work shows and when someone is as dedicated as you are, the whole world will come together to make your dream come true.

Now I guess you may probably be doing it already, but just in case you aren't and if no one's told you before, let me be the first one. Write a book on your adventures in astronomy and Observatory building. I bet it will become a best seller overnight.

Clear Skies,

Baz,

I've been following your story for a while now, even looked up your first ASIGN observatory plans long time ago. You are an inspiration, no doubt. Your hard work shows and when someone is as dedicated as you are, the whole world will come together to make your dream come true.

Now I guess you may probably be doing it already, but just in case you aren't and if no one's told you before, let me be the first one. Write a book on your adventures in astronomy and Observatory building. I bet it will become a best seller overnight.

Clear Skies,

Bless ya mate!

My wife would say, "As if you need any more big ideas...." :D

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent piece Barry, well deserved.

Thanks mate!

Thanks. Saw it earlier. Good stuff. 

Anytime Paul. Cheers.

SO much Natural timber !!1 drool.

Fantastic job Baz.

My other half was even impressed, then looked at me and said NO....

You gotta work on 'em mate.... it's part of the project to pitch to the other half from lots of different angles. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

Awesome Baz congrats! :)

Thanks mate!

Now, have you thought about a security system for the Obsy?. 

Will you employ the 12 gauge method, or the big stick system?.

Got lots of neigbors looking out for me and being in plain view in the open front yard, it's pretty safe there. Failing that, I have 16 years of Army training, plus plenty of contacts still in the services to exact my terrifying revenge....

Ive just seen this for the first time.... i'm blown away!!!! I may have to call myself an ambulance to deal with the shock i'm about to die of. What a great idea & execution. Well done.

I'm also quite sad because i'll probably never own one of those

• 2 weeks later...
I'm now well into the swing of using it regularly for astrophotography and have already had two groups through.

Up on the observation deck at ASIGN Observatory II, processing the data collected through the telescope over the past few nights.

EHZHxRM.jpg

Downstairs, putting the finishing touches on the astrophotograph from the previous night.

BPSBNcu.jpg

You look very much at home there Barry. Enjoy the fruits of your labour mate. :icon_salut: 

Loving every bit of it mate. I've already been doing some serious imaging upstairs. Now to just hone my processing skills. So relieved to be finished a build I started 2 years ago! Now it's time to finish the Iron Man suit and build a pergola-deck off the front of the house!

Archived