Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASIGN Observatory II is back on track!!

ASIGN_Baz

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Thanks folks! I hope you all build observatories now so I can sit back and watch and cheer you on!

and.......

WOOT! With the sale of all the photography gear, the EQ8 has now been bought and installed! The new RC12 Carbon fibre truss telescope arrives late Jan to mid Feb.
9U8YUfk.jpg
LE5zHov.jpg
d5CxP28.jpg

• 1 month later...

Baz, I get the strong feeling there there are more hours in your day than there are in mine! How do you get it all done??

Olly

Thanks to all for your kind encouragement!

Olly, I am fast running out of hours in a day. I just sold every bit of photography gear I own, not only to fund the upgrade in the observatory, but to downsize one of my bigger hobbies that takes up a lot of those precious hours.

Business closed, sold cameras and lighting equipment, sold studio and all equipment, sold every accessory, stripped advertising signwriting off car, car up for sale. Sold all my scopes and mounts. I'm getting there......

Thanks to all for your kind encouragement!

Olly, I am fast running out of hours in a day. I just sold every bit of photography gear I own, not only to fund the upgrade in the observatory, but to downsize one of my bigger hobbies that takes up a lot of those precious hours.

Business closed, sold cameras and lighting equipment, sold studio and all equipment, sold every accessory, stripped advertising signwriting off car, car up for sale. Sold all my scopes and mounts. I'm getting there......

Wow.

I hope you'll build your gear back up again once you've sorted the observatory? Or are you through with photography?

After many months of research and selling nearly everything that is near and dear to me, I finally drove to Sydney today to pick up a shiny new GSO RC12 inch Truss telescope. Let the steep learning curve begin! 

First cut

N7Y8A4T.jpg

OOOH SHINYYYY!

ZPzO3T0.jpg

Careful... don't tear the wrapping paper!

yZFf2tU.jpg

Back-heavy this one.

izxIOYN.jpg

Balancing.

qCpvJdL.jpg

First light at the Moon.

ZH72q3x.jpg

Pointing at Jupiter.

rYqQDeS.jpg

Southern Cross and Pointers out the window...doesn't get much better than this!

FPaxT0M.jpg

Archived