SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Finally a Saturn 12-05-12 4:25UT

tjensen

I finally caught a break with the weather. Clear sky, mostly steady seeing, and on a weekend to boot! Of course, nothing can be perfect... an unnoticed break in my dew zapper power cord brought the session to an early halt. But at least I managed to catch this image so I have one to add to my collection for this year.

Captured with the Flea3, 2x shorty barlow, and C14.

As always, comments, criticisms and suggestions welcomed.

Cheers

post-36071-133877773145_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very nice Saturn image there Tim - congratulations..!:):icon_salut::headbang:

.....not any inference that this re-work has anything over your original rendering, but I've merely pulled the curve down in the blue channel at the lower end - mainly to get that blue tinge out of the planet, particularly in the ring system.

Hopefully we know each other well enough to know there's no offence intended - just thought I'd throw this variation at you: as said above, you'd be well within you rights to consider your original superior!:)

post-16205-133877773514_thumb.png

Hey Darryl.

Nice job! Of course I don't mind. That's why I post. I have a terrible time judging the colour balance. That's always been my bane. Thought it was my old laptop... so I got a good monitor. Now I guess it's my old eyes :)

Cheers Mate!

Ok, I wasn't really happy with the first go at processing so I've had another shot with a slightly different approach. I think it turned out a bit better. But I would welcome suggestions.

If anyone would like to try there hand and see what they can come up with, I have could post the channel data.

Help appreciated...

post-36071-133877773823_thumb.jpg

Ok, this is my last stab at processing. I like the darker look to the planet but I loose the crepe ring.

Not sure it's the Enke gap... probably the Enke minimum, but I do think there is a real intensity dip visible there.

Thanks for looking and all the kind words.

Cheers

post-36071-133877774757_thumb.jpg

Archived