Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

Hi all,

some good news - I have just been speaking with the lovely people at the Beeb and, pending budget approval, Sky at Night will be visiting PSP2012 from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. We will get final confirmation in August but this is pretty much a done deal. no idea when the broadcast will be but I guess it will be next Spring if it follows the same pattern as last year.

So, if you want to meet the S@N team, this is your perfect opportunity!

J.

Awesome, nice one James!

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick, small world indeed. Cool :). We usually stay (this l'll be third year running) not too far away in Gillen - fantastic views over the loch to Uig and the Ascrib Islands. This'll be the first year I've taken a scope (had bins ever year up to now), so I'm hoping we'll get at least one clear night.Love the walk up from Trumpan Church to Waternish Point. And Mrs Marki really loves the Stein Inn for swift pint or three...(really ought to look in to staying there - least I wouldn't have to drive then!).Look forward to comparing notes at PSP!

Smaller world, my father in law kept the lighthouse at Waternish, before it was automated.We walk there every year. Years ago Northern Lighthouse Board built the track on forestry brash. You could get there and back with dry feet!Will post my findings, usually on observing ; deep sky.Looking forward to seeing you at PSP.Super news that the Beeb is coming, is it best bib and tucker, shirt tails in and sensible head on time?Nick.

Super news that the Beeb is coming, is it best bib and tucker, shirt tails in and sensible head on time?Nick.

You saw who came last year - think there's any chance of there every being a sensible time there?!!! : :grin:

deffo. I drank a bottle of red wine myself at 11pm thinking what the heck it's never gonna clear. went to bed and woke at 1.30am to crystal skies. it was a slight test of my 'carrying whilst slightly tipsy' skills to carry the 16" out of its little enclosure and out for observing. :grin: funny how quickly you sober up when the pressure's on!

Hi all,

some good news - I have just been speaking with the lovely people at the Beeb and, pending budget approval, Sky at Night will be visiting PSP2012 from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. We will get final confirmation in August but this is pretty much a done deal. no idea when the broadcast will be but I guess it will be next Spring if it follows the same pattern as last year.

So, if you want to meet the S@N team, this is your perfect opportunity!

J.

James, thats well cool, will sir patrick be there :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

James, if you remember last year i mentioned i might bring a demo "small caravan" from work, well the idea is being talked about again so would i be able to have one on my grass pitch, just a single axle and weighs max 750kg

James no word on seasonal pitches yet? Was hoping to hear back from you :(

Sorry Teslar - like I said, we won't know until the end of September - it all depends on how many of Shallow Grange's seasonal pitch holders choose to pack up early. There were a couple last year and that coincided with half term so I expect to get more this year but cannot promise anything until we hear from the campsite owners.

Not what you wanted to hear but the best I can offer for now,

J.

Hi Hex,

not a problem at all. Day visitors are welcome and just pay on the gate - we tried advance booking last year but keeping track of it without live access to the booking system was a nightmare.

Day tickets are £5 per day, please arrive between the GATES OPEN and LAST ARRIVALS times on the programme if possible - we can be flexible but there are a lot of people giving up their time to look after PSP so I would like them to be able to get around the star party a bit!

Thanks,

J.

Archived