SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to attend however just went to book and there are no large grass pitches left :mad: so thought ok ill hire a motor van and use hard pitch only to find out that there are none of these left either what a joke !!!!!! anyone out there know if more are going to be made available as there are 3 of us that want to come one from scotland and the other two from windsor. we will be imaging to EHU is essential ?

Paul

Would love to attend however just went to book and there are no large grass pitches left :mad: so thought ok ill hire a motor van and use hard pitch only to find out that there are none of these left either what a joke !!!!!! anyone out there know if more are going to be made available as there are 3 of us that want to come one from scotland and the other two from windsor. we will be imaging to EHU is essential ?

Paul

if there are a limited number of EHU's and hardstandings at a site and they have been booked since the PSP was advertised months ago, I cannot see how this is a joke?? surely it just demonstrates the popularity of the event? hopefully something can be resolved for you but I'm not sure you are going about it in a way which will make the organisers keen to do so.

Paul

As Moonshane said, this event is advertised early in the year, and all the pitches with EHU tend to get booked early on, i believe there is a waiting list for any cancellations for these pitches

sorry for the previous rant frustration coming through hehehe. yep i know was advertised early in the year but i was unable to commit at the time due to the way the company i work for organises its holiday year. The new holiday allocations have only been released last week so was not possible to commit before. still i am sorry that was not intended to offend just express frustration. Thanks i have added myself to the waiting list hopefully will get something. Just seems to be a common issue the last two events we attended had the same issue (not enough EHU) as you say Moonshane it does demonstrate the popularity of the event (event in general).

Paul

no worries Paul, I just know how much effort goes into this sort of event - they take a lot of organising - and tend to jump to the defence of those criticised. if you run a power pack, you'd be more than welcome to charge up on my EHU during the daytime.

I just had a PM from somebody who I think took offense at this. If you did, I have no idea why - I was laughing WITH the comments above, not AT them.

J.

How very silly of them James, I hope the person has PM'd you to apologise for their mistake and that they now realise what a :) is for.

hi Moonshane, I do have a power tank and thanks for the offer but have tried that before and can only get about 2 hours of imaging before it dies :( maybe could get a generator just a bit worried about the noise.

Paul

oh gawd im really sorry if i caused offence to anyone that was totally unintentional

Paul

Don't worry about it - we were looking for a pitch to move all the sheep muck to :) Note: when putting up a marquee in a field that has recently had sheep in it, make sure that really is jaffa cake chocolate you're about to lick off your fingers...

Right, enough of the apologies! I should have kept my mouth shut - I think the complaint was aimed at me; if the person who posted it wants to make a deal of it then fair enough, otherwise it's end of as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers,

J.

Note: when putting up a marquee in a field that has recently had sheep in it, make sure that really is jaffa cake chocolate you're about to lick off your fingers...

Doesn't matter in the dark James it all looks the same under red light :grin:

Can I introduce you to these new limited 'valleys' edition jaffa cakes :evil: and before I also get any complaints I was brought up on a welsh hill farm in Llanbedr so I'm allowed to mock myself ;)

• 1 month later...

Just enough time to sort out tents, bags, footprints, cookers, flasks, pegs, red lights, matches, plates, tin mugs, anti-mozzie juice and all the other paraphernalia I seem to recall goes with camping..get the feeling I'm missing something...oh yeah big metal tube with glass in one end of it :)

Just enough time to sort out tents, bags, footprints, cookers, flasks, pegs, red lights, matches, plates, tin mugs, anti-mozzie juice and all the other paraphernalia I seem to recall goes with camping..get the feeling I'm missing something...oh yeah big metal tube with glass in one end of it :)

I would leave buying a tent till september as there will be some really good clearance deals by then! a good stove to get is a webtex warrior, should be able to find these on ebay, get a good sleeping bag, it gets cold, no need for anti mozzie juice

sMall world dude.

Mrs. cotterless was born and brought up in Waternish. Been there every year since 1971. We hire the first house on Waternish on the lhs. Mrs.C was in the last house (Trumpan).

Will be setting up at the fank in Trumpan , or in the field below the churchyard.

Will do a full report on the pristine skies and viewing sites.

There are 2 pages in the Skye Visitor mag on dark skies

I was going to ask if anyone was going up.

Ace,Nick.

Hi all,

some good news - I have just been speaking with the lovely people at the Beeb and, pending budget approval, Sky at Night will be visiting PSP2012 from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. We will get final confirmation in August but this is pretty much a done deal. no idea when the broadcast will be but I guess it will be next Spring if it follows the same pattern as last year.

So, if you want to meet the S@N team, this is your perfect opportunity!

J.

Nick, small world indeed. Cool :). We usually stay (this l'll be third year running) not too far away in Gillen - fantastic views over the loch to Uig and the Ascrib Islands. This'll be the first year I've taken a scope (had bins ever year up to now), so I'm hoping we'll get at least one clear night.

Love the walk up from Trumpan Church to Waternish Point. And Mrs Marki really loves the Stein Inn for swift pint or three...(really ought to look in to staying there - least I wouldn't have to drive then!).

Look forward to comparing notes at PSP!

Archived