Narrowband

Peak Star Party 2012

jamespels

hi james, do i need to put my name on that form then or have you already made a note of it for me, please let me know,thanks x

Your name is up there in the #1 slot! Please drop me a PM or e-mail if you want to be listed as something other than "KerryAnn"!

J.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry late comer to the thread. What pitches are left James ? I wasn't planning on booking until closer to the date.

EDIT: Sorry I meant to say where are the pitches that are available ? Is it in to the overflow field yet ? and do you have to pay if the 3rd person in the tent is 6 ?

Sorry late comer to the thread. What pitches are left James ? I wasn't planning on booking until closer to the date.

EDIT: Sorry I meant to say where are the pitches that are available ? Is it in to the overflow field yet ? and do you have to pay if the 3rd person in the tent is 6 ?

Hi spaceboy, a couple of pitches left in Camping Field - if you want one of these you need to book pretty quickly. Otherwise we are into the Rally Field with no limit we are likely to reach.

J.

• 3 weeks later...

I think i will make the effort again this year, i did enjoy last years party, but will bring bigger tent/bivvy this time

Okay pitch booked, non ehu grass pitch, really want to be in the camping field as per last year

• 2 weeks later...

Hi KerryAnn,

nothing yet - we're unlikely to know until end of September / early October as it will depend on how many of the seasonals have vacated and that won't be until season end for Shallow Grange.

No cancellations yet :)

As an aside, as of today the Touring and Camping Fields are both full with 60 bookings - we're onto the Rally Field only now.

This time last year we were on about 43 bookings.

J.

Pressure vessel must be a 1 litre plastic fizzy pop bottle (DON'T use a bottle that contained flat drinks!). You can stick other things to it but don't damage the bottle in the process...

Rockets will be propelled by filling with water to the level you want, then pumping full of air. Other propellants that become water during flight are not allowed! :)

Judging based on time aloft, elegance of flight and aesthetic appeal of the rocket before flight. The biggest difference to flight time is the amount of water used, so experiment in advance. The air is where energy is stored; the water is the reaction mass so you will need to find the right balance (ideally, the rocket will run out of energy just as the last bit if water gets chucked out).

To stop Simon upsetting all the kids again (!), we will have an under 16 and an over 16 class.

If anyone wants to bring something special, let me know. If there are enough entries, we may consider a special "open" class or just have demo flights at the end of competition if not.

Full rules will go up on the site in a bit, probably pilfered from here: http://www.sciencenc.com/event-help/bottlerocket.php (there are some good tips on there, too).

The Steptoe and Son sellotape and string rocket will be making an appearance again this year...

And hopefully City will be hammering United in the same fashion we did during last years event..

Archived