Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

impulse buy on ebay meade DS-2114AT auto star reflector.... why i dont know thought it was a bargain at £100 .. it'll be good while my ankle is in plaster and good for the misses and kids so i suppose it's not bad..2 EP and auto star handset and mount.....

if i'm honest i always wanted a goto as i love my gadge just hope it'll be in good working order and track well..

sorry all the straps have gone , tryed to buy more but none in stock , thay are "Rolson load straps" and cost £1.99 had them from Whot on newprt rd cardiff . shame no more left

Hi Lenny,

I stopped by " What " near Aberdare today. Was lucky to find four of the Rolson straps still there. If Tony or anyone needs them, let me know and I'll bring them to the next meet.

I just managed to get out with them and they are brilliant! I had a look at the Pleiades and the Hyades and I loved both of them! The Pleiades in particular were stunning. I did have a look at Jupiter but was less impressed. I knew I wouldn't be able to see the cloud bands and I only saw one moon (I think) but I guess that would change depending on the moons position. On the whole I am thoroughly enjoying them and they were definitely worth the money!

Yeah confirmation email has come.

Tbh i wasn't going to buy one so quickly but i snapped the ring on my finder scope turned the Alan key one too many times lol. and a replacement is £40 so i thought id get one early and get my ring welded or soldered or something lol probably never use it again.

After buying my telescope the next thing I was looking for was a bag to put it in. Days later after spending hours on the computer trying to find something I found this -

post-28206-0-27825600-1359998360_thumb.j

post-28206-0-19292900-1359997856_thumb.j

post-28206-0-67274400-1359998437_thumb.j

post-28206-0-84253900-1359998451_thumb.j

post-28206-0-78754500-1359998463_thumb.j

It's a bag for storing dry pet food, I saw smaller ones on ebay (35L) and the sellers said they could hold 25Kg. The one I bought is 90L and easily supports the weight of my Skywatcher Heritage 130P, which the box it came in said it weighed less than 15lbs. I put some thick cardboard from the Skywatcher box at the bottom and some foam, part of an old exercise mat (won't be needing that, do enough exercise adjusting the RDF :undecided: ) around the sides and what was left over I cut into a circle to sit on the top. The bag is H 58cm x W 47cm x D 47cm, it has 2 handles at either side and cost £15.............a bargain considering the price of some sports bags I was looking at, very happy with it...... :laugh: .

You might have noticed the French writing on it.........would have been better if it was plain but never mind as long as it does the job..............I don't mind croquettes anyway.

just logged in to my flo account as my telrad hasn't shown up, not too pleased as its on back order for possibly 3 weeks , i haven't had any emails telling me this the option to cancel on back orders should be a given.. i know they are this sites sponsors but bad show as i could have bought one on ebay and I've missed out on that now..

although i will admit i doubt I'll get in the garden for at least 3 weeks, but principles are at stake here..

Archived