Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_planets.thumb.jpg.e76f0a73fd950ae15415beb032373794.jpg

garethmob

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

well looking at how popular the latest buys thread is on another group i thought we have one too, might be able to give each other tips on "first lights" and what not

i guess my latest buys are......

25mm m42 lens :)

4.3" reverse car screen (for samsung 2000 viewing) :

a 3 hole +usb 12" socket extender for powertank :

and a Gerd Neumann Aurora Flat-Field Panel 100mm panel :

Edited by garethmob
  • Like 1

Good idea Gaz

The only things ive bought recently is a 2" 2x Revelation Astro Barlow Lense.

And a Baader IR Filter

Im saving for a new scope so funds are tight lol

im savin up for a house,/flat so this was my last chance to "splash out" :) lol hope iv chosen wisely:P

Just bought a cannon 1000d, remote shutter control and a t-ring.

Should be here today

Sent from my galaxy s...must be stuck in work....dam you i.t filters!

I've just got a pulser for my telrad. Gotta wire the thing in this saturday and then hopefully try it out in the evening :-)

Mat, what scope are you saving for?

Last thing I bought was a 2" 35mm eyepiece from FLO.

The last thing I've made was a resistor type dew heater for my Telrad.

Next thing I would like to purchase would be one of those micro focusser upgrades for my Dob.

Next project for DIY? I'm mulling over the idea of making a dessicator plug for my Dobs mirror cover.

Just looked up a Telrad Pulser, as I've not heard of that before - looks like a really good idea - add it to the list!

Edited by Gweedo
addition

My latest astro purchase probably is a new roof for the Obs :) Proved its worth a couple of nights ago when it suddenly started lashing down with rain :D. I was able to just grab it and slide (once I'd moved the scope out of the way!), whereas previously it would have entailed rigging up the pulley system.

Next purchase is an auto dob :evil6: (possibly tomorrow :))

Helen

I forgot to mention i bought a 2" OIII Filter and a Aluminium Flight Case for my E/P's.I'd Love a Obs Helen but the boss said i cant until i finish the rest of the work on the house!

Im buying a Skywatcher Skyliner 400p Flextube Dob David,but i may have to sell my 300p and my coronado pst to part fund it :)

well I have finally purchased a scope!

I have a 200p on motorised EQ5

Haven't tried it yet, as its a bit of a beast, and i find it a little scary!

at the moment, the box and bits and bobs fills my shed, so i'm off to a popular chain of DIY stores tomorrow to try to get a container to keep it near to the house so I can have a gander through it!!!

and Mat, how big is a 400P????

:-)

i know the sizes of 200ps as i sold my OO 8" one not long ago it was a beast to put on the tripod very scary:P

WOW how much are 400p's, n i thought ur 300p was big mat:P

we did have crazy weather helen last week, i was just takin everythin out to set up when it came down! :) i was lucky as i usally go indoors on a imagering run after the first 3 subs av taken

Canon 7D (2 weeks ago) and today a Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L IS USM to go with it which will hopefully arrive tomorrow so I can play with it this weekend......

At least this fits in with my move from Dedicated Astro to Multi use equipment...

Edited by Psychobilly

The photos youve posted on here lately have been outstanding Peter,were they taken with the 7D ?Their £2100 Gaz ...Gulp

ouch, 2100.... thas a lot, will it fit into your car then mat?

i like the 7d but that has a very high price tag too, i guess after this astrotrac thing a 1100 might be the next upgrade

Just bought a 90 degree erecting Diagnal from Green Witch arrived yesterday, went back today.....................came with a 1" nose piece .

How strange is that

1 " nose piece...that must have been made on a Friday afternoon !!

Peter. That lens is the size of my telescope lol

I caved in and have just bought an auto focusser for my dob.

will it fit into your car then mat?

He'll have to have it poking out of the sunroof, like some crazy stargazing tank.

I recently received my new motorised EQ5, Revelation EP set and rigel finder from FLO :)

My teeny tiny telescope looks even teeny tinier on the new mount, it's a beast. :(

Now I yearn for a GOTO HEQ5 with a 200PDS, this hobby is terrible!

He'll have to have it poking out of the sunroof, like some crazy stargazing tank.

I recently received my new motorised EQ5, Revelation EP set and rigel finder from FLO :)

My teeny tiny telescope looks even teeny tinier on the new mount, it's a beast. :(

Now I yearn for a GOTO HEQ5 with a 200PDS, this hobby is terrible!

the astro tank just made me laugh!

I am starting to worry about this new hobby of mine

i havent even started yet, and it seems to be a big monetary drain!

it is a big monetary drain :) thas the joy of it lol althrough scope stuff dont depreaciate as much as a car luckly

i have visions of a zaferia with a large 16" turret on top :(

Haha,I may have to buy a van the way I'm going!,I'm going to ring FLO to find out the length of the ota when it's retracted,thats my only worry,the base comes apart easy enough.It is a very expensive hobby tgb but it's worth every penny!

Spent today fitting the pulser to my telrad which actually works really well, should make it easier to locate objects near fainter stars :-) Also made a dew shield for my telrad out of a foam sheet and some velcro!

I'd like to see the pulser working David im tempted to buy one my self