Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

garethmob

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

Uh oh. New scope alert!!!!!!

Get ready for the impending storm clouds, rain, hail, sleet, snow, cats and dogs, tornadoes, twisters, lightening, thunder, gales, volcanic ash clouds, fog, smog, mist, drizzle, monsoons and dewy dew dew :clouds2:

..and Ant lives close to me :eek:

Congratulations Ant! that's a great scope and you'll have a load of fun with it :grin:

Helen

Before you go and blame me for the impending storm I will tell you that Rakanishu has also bought a 200P and has yet to open the cloud box. As his is new, I'm sure that most of the clouds will be his!

Helen, feel sorry for GJBC who seems to be right next to me!

Edited by Ganymede12

My Niece is upgrading, so she gave me her Android phone. Wow !

I don't even text, so I've got a lot to learn, its got sky app's. :smiley::shocked::icon_scratch:

Finally! I own a Sky-Watcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian!

Warning: Clouds approaching!

:smiley:

just had first light on my new Tak 106, very impressed

Velvet

Just received my Cheshire collimating eyepiece today. I quickly put it into the scope to try it out. I was shocked by how much my telescope was out of collimation!

You'll see a big difference in the azimuth movement when you have that fitted Pete

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I'm hoping so Steve,Lenny is going to give me a hand next week where we can fit the new centre bolt he has made for me :smiley:

Found these in " Poundland " today. . . . A string of 20 " Red " LED lights, which run off two AA batteries. . . . Wow !

Good for a caravan, tent, portable observatory, tripod legs, and probably a few uses I haven't thought of yet.

They are wired parallel, so you can cut off as many as you like to minimise the light output.

The photo taken by my camera is overly bright, and does not give a true indication of how " very very red " the lights actually are.

Well worth a pound., even for projects. I went back and bought several extra sets.

EDIT: Click on photo to enlarge.

post-21902-0-70382900-1349983469_thumb.j

Edited by L8-Nite

I wonder if I could fit a set of those inside my lens case to find my way about in the dark, well worth a pound as you say mike

Found these in " Poundland " today. . . . A string of 20 " Red " LED lights, which run off two AA batteries. . . . Wow !

Good for a caravan, tent, portable observatory, tripod legs, and probably a few uses I haven't thought of yet.

They are wired parallel, so you can cut off as many as you like to minimise the light output.

The photo taken by my camera is overly bright, and does not give a true indication of how " very very red " the lights actually are.

Well worth a pound., even for projects. I went back and bought several extra sets.

EDIT: Click on photo to enlarge.

Could you get me one of them mike ? ( trying not to sound to cheeky :p ),you cant go wrong for a pound.

Ive bought a few bits

QHY5 Guide Camera

Skywatcher ST80 OTA ( For Guidescope )

Skywatcher ED 80 PRO OTA

Time to work some overtime so i can buy a EQ6 !!!

Could you get me one of them mike ?

Yup, got you covered Matt.

I wonder if I could fit a set of those inside my lens case to find my way about in the dark, well worth a pound as you say mike

I was thinking about that too Steve, I think it would work out well. The package states that you can expect about 24 hours use out of the batteries. I'm sure it would be considerably more using only a few of the 20 lights provided.

I got this. :smiley:

EDIT: A nice addition to my kit.

post-21902-0-35773400-1350473128_thumb.j

Edited by L8-Nite
  • Like 1

Nice! Where did you get that from!

From a talented young lady I know, who does custom design mugs.

Could you get me one of them mike ? ( trying not to sound to cheeky :p ),you cant go wrong for a pound.

Ive bought a few bits

QHY5 Guide Camera

Skywatcher ST80 OTA ( For Guidescope )

Skywatcher ED 80 PRO OTA

Time to work some overtime so i can buy a EQ6 !!!

Heres a pic of the scopes and cams

post-12085-0-75011800-1351290391_thumb.j

• Like 1