SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My astrozap dew shield has just arrived and as you can see......fitted. it was a bit on the large size, the Velcro wrapped JUST too far. But I remembered I had some Velcro strip left over from my diy attempt for my 130 sw. So I stuck 2 strips next too extend it and hey presto....you can't tell the difference :rolleyes: what I need now is some sort of small handle too fix near the top of the scope, so I can move the scope up and down as now I can't access the rim of the scope???

tony

post-25258-135791204414_thumb.jpg

Lenny Lovit got us some great carrying straps that go around the outside of the OTA Tony - would be ideal for what you want and they don't half make carrying it about so much easier. They were only about £3 from Lidls I think but perhaps Len or Pete can confirm

well its a truss tube dob similar to matts but a different design. iv only seen photos of it (had it off ebay) but even if the design isnt that great i have an idea to make a new one :) im expecting the mirror to be heavy tho...... its more than 2" thick :o

moonshane (and the thing i think) made portable dobs have a search ant shanes one was fantastic to be fair

i'll be honest i dont know steve, i went to have a look on wednesday, and well i was told it was more ready than it was, no carpets (not really a problem) no paint, (again room at a time when needs be) but the main one was no shower unit (there was a bath tho) and nothing else there at all. i could move in, but id have less ameanities than i have now :(

most of my stuff is in storage in the garage next to me, i have to regiggle it as it looks like i keep buying stuff (went looking for my window heater for the car but didnt find it:( ) so once iv done that it will be ok:P only snag is i wont be able to carry it up n down the stairs, there is a fork lift in the garage tho... looks like im gonna have to learn! my WO is in my caravan with the AT (and lens) but everything else is upstairs.

just a quick question steve. how did you make ur setting circle for the base (it has one for alt but not az)

I got one of the guys in work to do it on their cad programme and print it out, then a print shop in town to laminate it, ,then cut a perspex circle to finish it. I've got the file on my computer but you'd need auticad to open it , , Having said that your base will be bigger than my, 8" scope gaz

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

well its a truss tube dob similar to matts but a different design. iv only seen photos of it (had it off ebay) but even if the design isnt that great i have an idea to make a new one :) im expecting the mirror to be heavy tho...... its more than 2" thick :o

moonshane (and the thing i think) made portable dobs have a search ant shanes one was fantastic to be fair

I havnt got a big dob anymore Gaz ive downsized lol

Archived