Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally managed to find the right bolts for my rings. 1/4" Whitworths - imperial. Homebase/B+Q only sell metric it seems.

.... and do you think I had the right allen key in my collection? No, of course not.

Still all is well and first light with my new rig went ok last night despite the mag 3/4 seeing and stellarium/EQMod alignment issues.

Sounds like the same one I have mike its a seriously large book. First time I tried to use it in the dark I thought the writing was to faint then realised the pages were doubled over they were that large and I hadn't opened them up lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The charts are about 16" x 20" Steve. I purchased it used off a fellow observer here in the SGL classifieds. Its the deluxe version, 2nd edition, but not laminated, which is no problem as I have a few plastic sleeves of the right size. There is a companion guide book available for this atlas which will be my next buy; I've got to keep up the pace with Pat you know. :grin:

Edit: Is this like yours Steve ?

post-21902-0-56717000-1367269648_thumb.j

Hmmmmmmmmm. Thinking!!!!!!!!!

what shall i buy next!!.

had all the new stuff out tonight . Double mounted refractors and the shoestring guiding thingy. Got it to work and tracking so chuffed to bits with that. Did some 45 sec exposers on M51 no where long enough for a decent picture but it was there and no star trails.

will try again with bigger exposers now i have it working.

did i say spending has finished for this year.

Pat

The charts are about 16" x 20" Steve. I purchased it used off a fellow observer here in the SGL classifieds. Its the deluxe version, 2nd edition, but not laminated, which is no problem as I have a few plastic sleeves of the right size. There is a companion guide book available for this atlas which will be my next buy; I've got to keep up the pace with Pat you know. :grin:

Edit: Is this like yours Steve ?

Yup thats the one Mike- in fact I've got both of them and still not brilliant at reading them if I'm honest.

Archived