Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

latest buys.. the S.W.V.G :P

garethmob

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seldom do I take a second look at plastic tool boxes, however, today this one at " Aldi " caught my interest. It seems just right for small telescope accessories. :smiley:

The inside measurement of the lower section is 380mm long by 180mm wide by 80mm deep ( 15" x 7" x 3 3/4" ) and has six removable containers. The upper section is 45mm deep ( 1 3/4" ) and has

twelve removable containers. In addition to the two latches, the cantilevered top incorporates a handle, when raised to the carry position, also provides a locking feature which prevents opening and spilling of contents.

Its worth consideration, the price..... £ 17.99

Here is a photo with some eyepieces etc. Click on photo to enlarge.

post-21902-0-32391200-1351891209_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hand Warmers from Lidl, twin pack for £1.49

Box states they can be reused up to a thousand times. Tested one, it put out a good amount of heat for about 40 minutes. Took about five minutes to reactivated it by putting it in a bowl and pouring boiling water from the kettle on it. Worked great, and the price is right. :smiley:

Mal had a great one he got from Amazon I think Mike but it was based on a charcoal inset I believe- might do some investigating as they look very useful - In the meantime bought myself a pair of ski trousers that arrived yesterday - they look pretty warm I must admit @ £35. Nearly bought a set from from Lidls last week but the only colour they had was bright lime green - Yuk

Mal had a great one he got from Amazon I think Mike but it was based on a charcoal inset I believe- might do some investigating as they look very useful -

It's the Zippo one I have Steve, no charcoal - just fill it with lighter fluid. Toasty! :)

i bought my grandad and uncle the zippo one its amazing i want to buy one for my self!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIGH-POLISH-CHROME-ZIPPO-DELUXE-HANDWARMER-KEEPS-WARM-UP-TO-12-HOURS-/250971473428?pt=UK_Collectables_Tobacciana_Smoking_LE&hash=item3a6f10c614&_uhb=1

but i didnt get it from them but they were the first link i found no idea how good the company is tho but the warmer takes any fluid

I got mine from Amazon :- http://www.amazon.co...52916906&sr=8-1

Slightly cheaper but they've gone up in price by £3 since I got mine earlier this year (April). Winter prices!

Hi Mal,

These hand warmers were made by a company called Jon-ee, and have been around since the 1950s overseas. They are great for hiking and backpacking too.

i bought my grandad and uncle the zippo one its amazing i want to buy one for my self!

http://www.ebay.co.u...6f10c614&_uhb=1

but i didnt get it from them but they were the first link i found no idea how good the company is tho but the warmer takes any fluid

Hi Gaz,

Zippo makes cigarette lighters, and the company has been in business since the begining of television.

Archived