Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st light Dbk21

MisterT

Finally had a chance to try out my new camera on Jupiter.

I listened to the forecast for clear skies and like Neil had to wait until nearly sunrise for a clear patch.

I am quite pleased with the result, certainly a step up from my toucam.

8" sct, 2x barlow, 30fps, 1400 frames stacked in registax, 04:30 UT.

Martin

post-22618-133877647132_thumb.jpg

That's lovely! If I can get somewhere near that when Jupiter clears my trees I'll be really happy. I haven't really used my dbk21 very successfully so far, would you mind detailing the camera and then registax settings you used?

Thanks!

Helen

Beautiful shot!

I have a 9.25sct and a Dbk21 and 2.5x Powermate but can't get anywhere near that clarity in spite of a lot of trying!

Do you mind letting me know the codec/settings you use?

Thank you...and hopefully I can get some clearer shots!

Thank you all for your kind words.

The video settings i used are as follows.. video format is y800, video codec is y800 and debayer is turned off.

For this shot i used 1/30th sec at 30 fps with gain at 800 and gamma at 80. Still on a learning curve with this cam after using a toucam for a few years but looking forward to jupiter getting closer in the next few weeks.

Martin

Y800 does indeed produce a mono image which has to be debayered to show colour. I used registax 4 for this as i am having problems with alignment points in R6 and could not get debayering to work in R5.

Thanks for the link neil.

Martin

Archived