Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The eclipse... what have you got planned?

geppetto

Always assuming your able to be out watching tomorrow and that

you are lucky with clear skies, what are your plans for any imaging.

This is a stretched out event so will anyone be doing a time lapse series of shots

or what other methods?

I was planning on borrowing a Coolpix for the event, but thats not possible. My Canon's CF card died on me today, so thats now redundant, that leaves the toucam, which I haven't played with much, or the Minolta. I think somebody is trying to tell me something :lol:

I have just set up a 500mm mirror lens on a astro5 driven mount. I will attache my Olympus E-500 DSLR. I will check the tracking for a period prior to the event. All being well, I shall remotely image the eclipse from the conservatory using my laptop, and Maxim DL.

Hopefully I will get a series from first to last contact. All depends on the weather of course.

I would like to wish all peeps going for this event, the very best of conditions for success.

Good Luck Guys and Gals.

Ron.

Telescope is out cooling ready for action. Will be taking my normal Afocal shots and have also been asked if I our local paper can have a copy to print for Monday nights paper!!

Pretty cool really, I think a few of the neighbours will be taking a peek.

Oh and you lot can thank me later for controlling the clouds :lol:

Kain

well, still in a cast after breaking me leg in November, but have a friend coming over with his scope, and he is gonna set both his and mine up and we are set with food and beers!

this will be the first time I have looked through my scope after buying it 2 months back! His is 2" larger than mine :lol: but I shant mind, it'll be great to finally use it!

I also have my bins ready and fresh batteries in my Fuji 9600, oh, and the modified webcam (philips SPC900N or whatever it is) might get a try out too... gonna be a busy few hours for a man on one leg :D

Well...Its not looking too bad, bit breezy though, but I am hoping to get my ToUcam and home made mount (Drain pipe holder thingy and bit of shelf!) with my 80-200mm lens that I got attached today. I am hopeing to be able to take some piccies while observing!

Thats the theory anyway. I am betting at 9:30 we have some :D then by 10:30 :lol:

I decided to set the scope up mid afternoon, so everything set up at 2pm. Loads of cool down.

Crystal clear skies, then about an hour later big black clouds and rain... black bin bags - you can't live without them :lol:

Ant

Archived